secure switching for m*gs?

bretti_kivi

Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking to (re) build my 3d. It will be the first of a few - I've been asked to build a bike light by a colleague and that will go further. I have experience with soldering and general work in this kind of area, and I've found the stickies.

However, there's one thing I have an issue with. Most of these customised bodies will find their way to the summerhouses. And there are (at least) three youngsters wandering around, climbing stuff. Mine (the eldest) is old enough to understand that when dad says "do not play with this, it is not a toy" that he means it. The others are too young. Is there a relatively simple way to either limit switch-on current (with override) or compact key-switch or hall-sensor it in some way? I'd be looking to use a K2 or P7, maybe a triple at some point, and they will all need the same functionality.

ideas very welcome!

thanks

Bret

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not 100% sure about this, but I think Taskled driver boards
have a lockout feature that prevents unauthorized usage.

Hill

Enlightened
+1 for taskled drivers. Very useful feature. I had a maxflex3 boost driver which worked very nicely. Easy to lock and unlock. Email George with any questions. He has been very helpful.
Hill

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
would it really fit in place of a standard switch? I wanted to mod, but... or I am thinking in-the-box still?

Bret

No, it would be in addition to the standard switch. It could be done at the tailcap to break the ground connection, or next to the stock switch to break the power connection.