Another Fenix Replacement Thread--L2P

cuervo

Newly Enlightened
I have an L2P that is a couple of years old and is one foot in the grave. When I turn it on, it will stay lit for only about 2 seconds. To turn it on again, I have to remove the tail cap and replace it, and the same thing happens. It will sometimes run at very low level for a few more seconds, but usually just blinks out. New batteries so that's not it.

I would like a similar replacement. Main requirements are:
a. 2 AA and equal length to L2P (or close)

b. recessed tail switch. Ideally carried lens-down with a flap on the holster so I don't want it to come on accidentally. Forward or reverse clickie unimportant.

c. simple on/off is fine. I don't need SOS or strobe or infinite brightness.

d. uniform body diameter. I carry this in a night eyes holster with some other items and a body that is the same diameter makes this very easy since the whole light fits into the holster.

e. similar brightness. I don't need a night burner since this is mainly used indoors and for parts inspections.

Any ideas? So far I've looked at
a. Engergizer e2 Lithium. It has multiple brightness but looks pretty close otherwise.

b. Fenix E20. May be too thick at head and tail.

c. Gerber Tritac. May also be too thick at head and tail and I wasn't sure if it is using 5mm LEDs or three power LEDs.

Last edited:

meuge

Enlightened
I have an L2P that is a couple of years old and is one foot in the grave. When I turn it on, it will stay lit for only about 2 seconds. To turn it on again, I have to remove the tail cap and replace it, and the same thing happens. It will sometimes run at very low level for a few more seconds, but usually just blinks out. New batteries so that's not it.

I would like a similar replacement. Main requirements are:
a. 2 AA and equal length to L2P (or close)

b. recessed tail switch. Ideally carried lens-down with a flap on the holster so I don't want it to come on accidentally. Forward or reverse clickie unimportant.

c. simple on/off is fine. I don't need SOS or strobe or infinite brightness.

d. uniform body diameter. I carry this in a night eyes holster with some other items and a body that is the same diameter makes this very easy since the whole light fits into the holster.

e. similar brightness. I don't need a night burner since this is mainly used indoors and for parts inspections.

Any ideas? So far I've looked at
a. Engergizer e2 Lithium. It has multiple brightness but looks pretty close otherwise.

b. Fenix E20. May be too thick at head and tail.

c. Gerber Tritac. May also be too thick at head and tail and I wasn't sure if it is using 5mm LEDs or three power LEDs.
Fenix L2T v2.0 sounds like your ticket.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Fenix L2T V2.0 might be what you are looking for. Just keep the head tight or loose and you will have a single mode light. It doesn't tail stand though due to the forward clickie sticking out.

cuervo

Newly Enlightened
I had thought the L2T was discontinued when Fenix came out with their digital-switch flashlights so I didn't look for it.

That looks like the closest to what I need.

Update: Ordered one from Fenixstore and it arrived in just a couple of days. The tail cap from my L2P will fit the L2T so I have a flush tail switch.

Last edited: