Is it time for an upgrade?

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
I currently EDC a Lumapower D-Mini in a belt holster. Mine is the last (black) D-Mini before the Digital models came out - and I don't remember which LED it has!

Mine has the OP reflector installed, and was upgraded to the forward clicky when they became available. I've been very satisfied with the light since the day I got it, and that hasn't changed. There are times, however, when a bit more output would come in handy; I'd like to keep the throw, but increase the angular coverage considerably.

So, what I'd like is to maintain the same 1x123 form factor, forward clicky, and throw but with greater overall output in the form of brighter spill (or larger hotspot.) I don't need more throw, just more area coverage. Anything meeting such criteria exist?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm not sure if something fits for 1 CR123. The D-mini is still one of the throwiest 1 CR123 light(FYI it uses a Cree XR-E LED).

Toaster

Enlightened
I'm not sure if something fits for 1 CR123. The D-mini is still one of the throwiest 1 CR123 light(FYI it uses a Cree XR-E LED).

Read the OP's post more carefully. He has an original D-Mini with Cree P4 rated at 120 emitter lumens + OP reflector. That puts throw somewhere between 4-5K/lux at 1M. That's quite average these days for a 1xCR123 pocket rocket.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently EDC a Lumapower D-Mini in a belt holster. Mine is the last (black) D-Mini before the Digital models came out - and I don't remember which LED it has!

Mine has the OP reflector installed, and was upgraded to the forward clicky when they became available. I've been very satisfied with the light since the day I got it, and that hasn't changed. There are times, however, when a bit more output would come in handy; I'd like to keep the throw, but increase the angular coverage considerably.

So, what I'd like is to maintain the same 1x123 form factor, forward clicky, and throw but with greater overall output in the form of brighter spill (or larger hotspot.) I don't need more throw, just more area coverage. Anything meeting such criteria exist?

1xCR123A + forward clicky + a little more throw + much more overall output (much wider hotspot, brighter spill) + top end efficiency + excellent build quality + cheap price = EagleTac P10C. I have one, and it is simply amazing. I'd list the UI above too, but that is personal preference. The T10C is identical except for size, shape, and the spill is wider and the hotspot smaller (throw and spill / overall intensity are the same).

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The D-mini is high 5000 to low 6000 lux at 1 meter with a CR123. A bit more then the T10C. Check this older review. But the T10C does have more output. It can be a good replacement.

Toaster

Enlightened
The D-mini is high 5000 to low 6000 lux at 1 meter with a CR123. A bit more then the T10C. Check this older review. But the T10C does have more output. It can be a good replacement.

High 5000 to low 6000 with OP reflector would only be possible with the latest D-Mini Digital with Q5 emitter. See the review of the D-Mini Digital Q5 here which shows a peak lux of 6060 with OP reflector. Since original D-Mini with P4 only puts out 70% of the lumens (120 versus 175), peak lux would be considerably less.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Opps, didn't read that he was using the OP reflector. You are right, the T10C could make a good replacement.