Strion LED Update

jaundice

Enlightened
Like many of you, I've been waiting patiently for Streamlight to come out with an LED version of the Strion.

While searching the web, I saw the Streamlight product page for the LED Strion. You can check it out here: http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=154

It pretty much looks like they've taken the head/features off the Stinger LED and mated them to the Strion body. Perfect.

I was intrigued, so I called the Streamlight customer service and asked when the Strion LED will ship, and the tech said 4 to 6 weeks.

Finally, an 18650 light that will compete with the Pelican 7060. Having checked out the Pelican, I think I would prefer a smaller light.

-John

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a proprietary battery isn't it, so its not like you can drop an 18650 in it? The Strion was a great light in its time, but with the advent of LEDs it has sorta fallen to the side. Nice to hear of an LED Strion.

:)

jaundice

Enlightened
Powernoodle;

Well, the battery is both a pro and a con. It is semi-proprietary, but the flashlight had a charging cradle that you drop the light into for rapid charging. So you don't need to remove the battery to charge.

The Strion, along with the Pelican 7060, are duty lights, so they need to be idiot proof for use by non-flashaholics. For me, at least, the proprietary battery isn't an issue.

-John

bagman

Enlightened
Anybody know if they will be doing LED U/G's for existing incan Strions?

maxilux

Enlightened
When comes the light out, when you look under news at the Streamlight page you cant find. What is the price ?

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the new LED Strion is a tad longer to facilitate the circuit. I am guessing the price will be about $100.

WDR65

Enlightened
This is the one I've been waiting for. My favorite rechargable has always been the Strion and since I sold my original I've held off on buying another until Streamlight introduced the LED version. I'm already plotting on how to mount it in my truck.

djblank87

Enlightened
Price is around $75.00 for just the light and goes up to $129.00 for AC and DC charger. That is off a a website that does not advertise here but I'm sure the price will be close from some of the vendors here.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just learned about the Streamlight Strion LED this morning here on CPF. I think that this could become very popular for some people. It has several things that have become very popular the last couple of years:

-rechargeable lithium-ion battery

-C4 LED

-compact

-strobe

This will definitely become an EDC for many people.

sport69

Newly Enlightened
The only concern I would have would be if the new Led Strion fits in the Bianchi duty holster or not????

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's some info; also available at Streamlight.com; priced at one well-known vendor for $73.95 without charger, available in March:

The new Streamlight Strion LED rechargeable flashlight is ultra-compact, running on a lithium-ion battery. The Strion LED has Streamlight's new C4 LED Technology and gives you 3 brightness modes plus disorienting strobe. In high, the Strion LED gives you 160 lumens and runs for up to 2 hours on a single charge - all in a flashlight that measures less than 6" long and weighs on 5.2 ounces.

Important Note: The new Strion LED is compatible with any Streamlight Strion charger you may already own.

Features of Streamlight Strion LED Compact Rechargeable Flashlight with C4 Technology:
• C4 LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
• brightness & run time:
High - 160 lumens, up to 2 hours
Medium - 80 lumens, up to 4 hours
Low - 40 lumens, up to 7.5 hours
Disorienting Strobe - runs for up to 5.5 hours