Information on Liteflux lf5xt (R2 or Q5)

sport69

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm sure there is information on the differences out here but I'm just looking for the differences in this light only, Is the R2 really more desirable and why? What would your choice be(R2 or Q5)and why? Is there that much difference? Also any info on where to buy one of these lights in black that I can trust? :thinking: Thanks!

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The R2's are still available from the US distributer and dealer, EliteLED.COM. When their current supply of R2s are gone, they will be getting any more. I have purchased a few lights from them. They are quite reliable and ship lights out very quickly.

The R2s are probably going to be more desirable than the Q5's which tend to be slightly less bright and a bit more cold than the R2s, although there are variations in tint with all LED's. LiteFlux has just begun to substitute the Q5's in the LF5xt, because they are unable to get sufficient quantities of the R2 as they had been able to do in the past. The Q5's to my knowledge, while being made, have not been received and reviewed. So any difference is just conjecture on my part. What isn't conjecture is the list price on the Q5 version has been lowered to $62 list (see LiteFlux.com). The R2's are currently going for $69.95.

sport69

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, BabyDoc for the information...I really like the light I just don't know if I could get use to the slight delay in the switch. I really like the press hold for immediate high and the click hold for strobe this light has a lot of flexibility but I guess I will have to pick one up and try it.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, BabyDoc for the information...I really like the light I just don't know if I could get use to the slight delay in the switch. I really like the press hold for immediate high and the click hold for strobe this light has a lot of flexibility but I guess I will have to pick one up and try it.

The most annoying thing about the delay is when turning on the light. Unlike the LF3XT, there is a slight delay when turning on the light. You can toggle on the momentary and that helps a lot get to get the light on instantly if you need it.

Somebody attached a D10 clip to the LF5XT. He merely enlarged one of the lanyard hole slightly to do so. The other screw was easly inserted into the slot in the tailpiece. Perhaps somebody can point a link to his picture. I can't seem to locate it.

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you tell which emitter is in a light? I don't really know the differences between r2 & Q5

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q5 version has a silver, raw metal switch button. It looks the same on both the black and natural version models. The R2 version has an anodized button; the black version has a black button; the natural version has a somewhat copper colored button. You can not tell by looking at the emitters since they look the same.

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
So then, these weren't a limited run with R2's like the R2 LF2XT?:thinking: