Surefire A-E Lego - Is this legit?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUREFIRE-EXCUTI...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Now, I may not know Paul Kim, but I know that's an A2 head on an E2e body. So, since I don't have an E2e head to play with, I can't tell if it's a workable lego. My money, however, is on no - he took the bulb out of the A2 head and stuck it on an E2 body, possibly with a great deal of glue. On the other hand, we're looking at an interesting mod that he has no understanding of, and therefore I want. :D

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks more like an L1 head, which is E-series compatible. However, I don't think it's wise to run it with 2x123 primaries :thinking:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A2 is too big to fit on E-series bodies. I've tried.

I regularly run all three generation L1 heads on single RCR123, 17500, 18500, & 18650 in different bodies (all varieties of SureFire, Aleph, Fivemega, Mirageman, Jhenko, VitalGear). Mostly I run 1st & 2nd gen heads on RCR's, but I have tested my 3rd gen.

Somebody ran an L1 on 2xCR123 a minute or two at a time, but it will likely only last a short time and dim quickly. I would not run an L1 on two cells of any kind ...unless they were Alkaline or NiMH. I limit the voltage to 4.2V.

I can't see this ad (work blocks popular sites), but if it looks like an A2 head but fits E-series, then it must be the 1st gen L1.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a reply from him, and sent him a suggestion that the lights will burn out and are Significantly Not As Described - scary words for an Ebay seller - and suggested he unload them at the Marketplace.

Chrontius said:
Dear donkie9887,

Isn't that a first-generation L1 head mounted on a E2 body?

Donkie said:
Dear chrontius,

that i do not know. i went to a local auction and bought a bulk of lights and other stuff and all i do is test them for good working order be i sell it to someone.

(message lost - oops!) I warned him that the LED was designed for around 3.7 volts, and 6V would charcoal it; buyers would find it Significantly Not As Described. Suggested CPFMarketplace as a potentially more profitable venue; let him know that Z52 tailcaps were always in demand.

Donkie said:
Dear chrontius,

thanks man that's cool info, i never heard of that site, i'll look into it more.

Chrontius said:
Last thing I sent you, I completely forgot about CandlePowerForums.com - the parent site of CPF Marketplace. You can probably figure out everything about what you've bought there, there's a ton of info and the people are friendly. Perhaps more relevant to your interests is a large number of Surefire collectors present there. :D

Last edited: