Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently purchased an Arc AAA from County Comm. I like it better than my Cmg Infinity ultra, except for the hotspot for the Arc. It is very uneven, and I was wondering if the AAA Premium is much better. I am debating whether or not to get the Premium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I know that I should just get it, but I do not earn much money (I'm still in school), so is it worth getting??

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't see unevenness in my Arc AAA hotspot. Maybe you can post a beamshot, or look at the one that are already online. If something is wrong with your light, Arc will probably fix it for you.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I compare the beam to that of the Infinity Ultra, the Ultra's hotspot has a nice x shape in the center. The Arc's is quite uneven, but I only notice when I shine it at a white wall. In actual use I don't even notice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
pretty much all led lights using nichia leds will have the same problem (blue hotspot, splotchy beam). it really depends on your luck. an arc AAA i got for a friend recently had the whitest and smoothest beam i'd ever seen, and it was a standard, not a premium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
I've got three AAA LE's and all three are a little different beamwise. Two of them have some splotchy purplish centers and the other one has a perfect purple dot in the center. I really think the brightest are the two with the splotchy centers. I love them all equally and am going to have a hard time giving them away as gifts as I originally planned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Although, I may give one to the wifey for here keyring. later. dtsoll

Status
Not open for further replies.