I just bought an Inova X1, not impressed!

nirvanaxp

Newly Enlightened
I bought an x1 primarily just to keep in my car, but am disappointed. I bought at a frys electronics and right out of the box noticed that the push button didn't work. I had to twist the light to turn it on. At this point there is horrible scratching coming from the tail cap. I quickly unscrew it from the body to discover that the entire inside of the flashlight is covered in some sort of sand or grit. I clean the inside as well as the threads and lubricate everything. Everything seems to be ok. I turn the flashlight on--nothing. NO light now from the included energizer. I proceed to test several new Duracell until i get one to work. I think that something is totally wrong with the switching system, because the flashlight works now, but the rubber "tactical style" button is utterly useless. I have to push really hard, and then when I let go and sometimes it turns off and sometimes it doesn't. Strangest of all, sometimes even when I screw in the tailcap, there is a 1-2 second delay for the light to turn on, and sometimes there is not. What the heck is with this light? I like the form factor and the design, but I'm going to return this light soon, maybe get something else.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
take it back.... the OEM alkaline cell leaked its toxic gutts and killed it.

The switches on these are hard to press though, mainly because the light is so small and smooth... IMHO.