Malkoff        
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152
Results 1,531 to 1,552 of 1552

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    Not sure this belongs here, but a friend in Japan sent me some pics of his Maglite 16C.

Of course, it uses barrel extenders or whatever you want to call them, but this is a long light.

Base light is a 4C, total length 81.5 cm, and 150 lumens LED

Enjoy the pics!
    Very awesome!! That's 32" for those across the pond! The longest light I could every find was the BTL-26 Kel-Lite baton light. It has a spacer in it to knock it down to 5 cells but without it it would have been a 14C.

Ball bat or golf club?
    You decide.
    John 3:16

Question for LiftdT4R (or anyone who knows), when did Mag start putting the raised Panther logo on the rubber switch covers?

My 3C xenon Mag I got recently has this but a 2D LED I got in 2019 does not.

BTW, I saw on your site that your 2020 C cell Mags have the new Maglite bazel marking while mine (purchased from Mag at the very end of 2020) has the old Mag-Lite marking. Mine has a serial in the C32860300 range.

Thanks!

When I ordered a box of parts for the big head Maglites (52mm) it came with blank switch covers for D lights and (thinner) panther logo switch covers for C lights.

It was a repair kit Maglite used to sell dealers that had switches, lenses, reflectors etc.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by xxo View Post
    Question for LiftdT4R (or anyone who knows), when did Mag start putting the raised Panther logo on the rubber switch covers?
    My 3C xenon Mag I got recently has this but a 2D LED I got in 2019 does not.
    Since 2001, when C-cells were modernized. These maglites have letter С in serial number and panther rubber button.
    D-cell maglites always had rubber button without panther
    Maglite collector from Russia. eBay seller rare Maglites (5/6C, older rare D-cells).

Quote Originally Posted by din107 View Post
    Since 2001, when C-cells were modernized. These maglites have letter С in serial number and panther rubber button.
    D-cell maglites always had rubber button without panther

Thanks Din107, I guess my last C cell incan Mag must have been pre 2001 as I don't remember it having the panther and there is no panther on the ML aeries C cell light switch covers.

Ex Maglite 2D.

Icarus that is stunning! Really nice work.

How rare are silver 4D letter serials?

Not rare at all - silver is one of the standard colors, along with red, blue and gray.

Enlightened

My first NIB lights. 5 modernized 5C
    Maglite collector from Russia. eBay seller rare Maglites (5/6C, older rare D-cells).

Silver is my favorite. The polished alluminum body is just a reminder of vintage lights by Eveready, Rayovac and several others many never heard of. And it's easy to spot in low light.
    I keep a pair high up on a hutch behind some fancy doo dads my wife put on display so they look like big ole sterling silver candle holders from King Arthor days.

Were they rare? No. Were they popular? No so compared to the standard black, red, blue or gray they did not sell as well, but like xxo said the silver is a standard color.

The St Jude set is complete now that a St Jude solitaire has arrived and a HALO ML50LX is added to the lineup of limited edition lights that a donation went to help with those who help keep us safe.

The HALO may get used, or it may stay NIP.
    S/N 000016xxx so it appears that thus far not that many ML50LX in 2 cell have been produced to date. It was in a 03/20 packaging. The gray ML50LX I gave Mrs Fixer for Christmas was in a 10/20 packaging and is S/N 000017xxx.

The HALO logo
    Last edited by bykfixer; 02-26-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Enlightened

Have found 3D blue, but I do not understand, is this stock blue, or special order color?

Anyone know at which point of the manufacturing process a Mag would be stamped with its serial number?

Anyone know at which point of the manufacturing process a Mag would be stamped with its serial number?
    Since anodizing is unbroken, before that step. Otherwise I don't know. Would not surprise me if it's changed through the years.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

My old pre-letter D sized incan light and letter D cell incan lights have coating over the S/N. All of my D lights with DL in the S/N are not coated but appear to be laser cut.

I would surmize the S/N is applied to barrels as they are produced. In the old days prior to coating. Modern Mag post coating, then it travels down the assembly line for adding the rest of the parts.

I wonder if anyone has ever come across this type of packaging, it's two 3xAA LED Mini Maglites in a pack with batteries and holsters.

So a seller on the bay went and cut the packaging in half!

Words fail me.

No.

And I almost missed that the ebay seller cut it in half. I was getting ready to call you an idiot!
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Model number: S3D946 ---> so... it is a real pewter 3D.

Mag 2D Pro LED:

These date from 2012-3 and not many seem to have been made as they are a rare find today.

Robin Wang's review back when they first came out:

http://www.led-resource.com/2012/12/...hlight-review/

I held one in my hand at Home Depot back in 014 but it was $35 when the regular one (177 lumen? ) was $20. I regret not buying it now.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152