Batteries for the Surefire E1B

peterlocal22

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if the light comes w a battery or if i would have to buy it sepertly?
If i need to purchase it seperate from the light could i have some recomendations?
thanks
Im sorry for the silly question, ive been calling stores online that sellit but they seem to be closed right now

matt0

Enlightened
Re: For those w the Surefire E1B

It will come with a battery (as do all SureFire lights)

I've been using either genuine SF batteries or Duracell. I've heard great things about Battery Station's USA made CR123's.

foxtrot29

Enlightened

It will come with a battery (as do all SureFire lights)

I've been using either genuine SF batteries or Duracell. I've heard great things about Battery Station's USA made CR123's.

+1 on the battery station cr123's. No issue with those.

GPB

Enlightened

I think Battery Junction has a deal right now where if you buy the E1B, you get 24 free batteries. I've ordered from them and would give them a very good recomendation.

Check out: http://www.batteryjunction.com/surefire-e1b-backup.html

You will definately want to find an online source to buy the batteries as they can get very expensive at your local store. They can be had online for around a buck a piece, but can cost $5-$6 or more at the local drugstore.

1996alnl

Enlightened

That light with 24 batteries is a really good deal!

However when those cells are dead that's it.
If you would like a rechargable option try these
www.batteryjunction.com/recrbachrc.html

These are the only cells i find work great with my E1B.
Output is the same,runtime is about 40 min.per cell (obviously).

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're in the U.S., Lowes has SF Batteries at the regualr price (2 for $5...which ain't bad...)

Niconical

Enlightened

When I bought my first quality flashlights they arrived a lot faster than expected so I didn't have any batteries ready.

I bought 2 x CR123A from a store, depending on the exchange rate, about $10 each!

Luckily I then discovered the wonders of a batterystation-box-of-50 and haven't looked back :)

paulr

Flashaholic

BJ has Surefire batteries at $21 per box of 12. Don't forget the 5% CPF discount which I think has coupon code CPF5 (if not, someone please correct). I've had mixed results with off brand batteries (like Battery Station and Titanium) and while it's hard to beat the price of "free", if I'm paying for batteries I'd rather stay with name brands even if they cost a little more.

Lightguy27

Enlightened

I just stuck with using Surefire cells as they are top quality and offer great performance. However, on the road I have stopped at Walgreens or CVS and used Duracell and energizer 123's. They worked fine and were great quality, but I did notice that they did not have the same battery life as Surefire cells. I noticed this more with my E2D as several times I went to reach for it when it should have had plenty of life left, and it would not fire up. But I agree with paulr, when buying batteries for my lights I stick with name brand even I spend a few bucks more.

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened

If you would like a rechargable option try these
www.batteryjunction.com/recrbachrc.html

These are the only cells i find work great with my E1B.
Output is the same,runtime is about 40 min.per cell (obviously).

That looks like a great idea... just wondering whether you have discovered any long-term issues since your last post?

Thanks.

tango44

Enlightened
I was wondering if the light comes w a battery or if i would have to buy it sepertly?
If i need to purchase it seperate from the light could i have some recomendations?
thanks
Im sorry for the silly question, ive been calling stores online that sellit but they seem to be closed right now

You can get a pair of Surefire batts for $4.97 at Lowes. 3 Batts it´s more than enough for normal daily use.

CELICA XX

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone know what brand of free batteries Batteryjunction gives away with their lights?

Very cheap quality... mine were marked "Made in PRC"

The exact counterfeit, inferior lithium batteries specified by Surefire NOT to use in their lights.

Surefire also says it will void the warranty to use them.

Very disappointing.