I can't decide! NiteCore D10 or Fenix LD10....

snatiep

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone!

I am torn. I have read every review and comment here on this forum and I can't decide between the NiteCore D10 and the Fenix LD10.

I really like the idea of the lifetime warranty on the LD10, but I like the looks of the D10.

Are there any of you out there who have both the D10 and the LD10 that care to comment on which one you like and why?

I sure appreciate any help and comments you care to share!

JWP_EE

Enlightened
I was torn between the D10 and the LD10. I have a L2D which I love but I wanted to try something different. I went for the D10. I really like the feel and looks of the D10. I had two complaints with it. The shorter runtime on any level except low. I like the 9 lumen output of my L2D. On low the D10 has 3 lumens or less. If I try to set the D10 to about 9 lumens I have to play with it for a while because at the low end it ramps too fast.
After two days the D10 started to flicker. It would go into a low output strobe like mode when it warmed up and I had to turn it off to get it out of that mode.
I finally exchanged it at 4sevens for the LD10 and I am very happy with it. But I really liked the look and feel of the D10 and who knows....

Southernlight

Enlightened
I have an LD10 but an EX-10 instead of the D10 and I find the EX-10 more useful mainly because I use the low of the Nitecore a lot and the low is really low compared to the LD10. :huh:

If I could only choose one, I'd go the D10 but for me I'll have both! :whistle:

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
I like the D-10 better. It is smaller,fits the pocket better. Easier to hold on to, better grip on the knurling, lower on low, and will jump to maximum without needing two hands unlike the LD10. Most of the time I use it I have a dog leash in the other hand, and I need to jump to high quickly sometimes.

With a little practice it is easy to change the brightness without thinking about it much. I EDC my D-10 and use it a lot. My D-10 is brighter than my LD10.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if a low-low is important to you, then the D10 is the winner for sure. I liked my D10 better for that very reason, as I like having a low mode on my EDC lights. In my opinion 10 lumens is not low. Any FWIW, my D10 has been 100% since I got it. Although with that being said, mine does prefer to feed on 14500 batteries. On Nimh, the high is significantly lower than with the li-ion cell. Good luck with your decision!

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
i was in the same situation a few months ago. after a long thought, i chose the d10 because i liked that it stayed on the same setting when turned off. at first i thought the lower run times would bother me but so far for my uses, i change the battery probably once every three weeks and i always have a fresh supply of lsd nimhs ready. i also like that the d10 is very small and compact and is silent when turning on and off. good luck on your decision, both lights are good choices!

wings

Newly Enlightened
I have both but usage would depend on the situation. The D10's low low is more suitable most of the time and I find myself using this more.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my D10 as well.......light and you dont hear that clicky sound as with traditional switches.