1W Luxeon vs. 5mm beam pics?

Velcro

Enlightened
This may sound a little silly, but where can I find some pics of a 1W Luxeon and a high intensity 5mm LED side-by-side (if that's even possible), and seperate pics where they both shine at the same object? Thanks in advance.

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
I remember about a month ago somebody had a mini review on lambda's MicroIlluminator and it contains a beam shot of Arc AAA and the MI. Try a search on that.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS is probably your best "fair" comparison between a 1W LS and a 5mm nichia. I must say, however, that if you held an ArcAAA, with how overdriven it is, against an Arc-LS, you probably won't even be able to see the AAA near an LS beam...

shipinretech

Enlightened
We have an adapter that uses 20x5mm LEDs at rated power. Originally designed to use IR and UV LEDs, we have populated it with all kinds of LEDs, including white. At shows, we shine the 20x5mm light at a piece of paper and then shine our Trilight, a 3x1W Luxeon light, at the same target. The 20x5mm light disappears.

Now, some companies make products that drive the 5mm lights three or more times their rated power to accomplish a very bright light. We consider this to be a triumph of marketing over engineering, and while our company remains firmly in control of techno-geeks, that ain't gonna happen here. We like building products that your grandchildren will be able to use. We like building products that will work in emergencies.

If the nice people at LumiLeds ever get around to building a range of IR and UV Luxeon's, we will stop producing 5mm based products.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at my reviews page and pick any lights you would like compared and I'll upload beam shots for you. If they have the little "circle slash" I don't have them anymore, but everything else is fair game.