"900L P7 LED Conversion Head fit Surefire M3 M4 L6"??

Parapyropig

Newly Enlightened
I'm told it's made by "Topscore." Anyone know of this? It sounds too good to be true... but uberkewl if it is. :rock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260357188272

92ae_1_sbol.JPG
9046_1_sbol.JPG

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

That head looks pretty cool but they make a lot of BS claims.

1) That LED will put out 700-800lm max. ~500lm out the front but probably less in reality.
2) The ARC-2 puts out 5000lm
3) The ARC-1 puts out 2000lm

My advice is to give it a miss and wait for the M3L and M3LT heads. They might cost more but you'll get an actual 350lm out the front and better reliability and build quality.

Parapyropig

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome - I've lurked here for many years...

I used to run a SF M4 (with a 500Lm bulb) as a weapon light on my patrol rifle... now? Ugly as sin, but it works; it's lighter than the M4 & mount, with a built-in layer of redundancy.

I've since the below picture was taken, I've acquired two SF 6p bodies to replace the couple of mishmashed SF parts lights below, and have two Solarforce heads on the way (more compact).

I'm running twin DX R2 drop-ins, and I'm looking to replace one of them with an LED setup that would put out ~700-900Lm. - I was hoping this "900L P7 LED Conversion Head fit Surefire M3 M4 L6" would fit the bill... OFW...

P1010020-1.jpg

alpha1-19

Newly Enlightened
I watched these in several ongoing auctions for awhile and took a chance. Bought one and installed it on an M3. Very disappointing. Poor quality. Low output. Fell between the original 120lm E2DL the newer 200lm model. A warm tint with multiple dark spots. The spring broke and the threads began to strip after removing and reinstalling once. Packed it up and returned it. Seller's refund check drawn on closed account. Lucky it was only $70.00. Should have known better. Hope this helps someone out there.