Mag 4-D cell, what is needed to put a drop-in in?

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Hey,

I wanna "mod" my maglite, it has lame output next to my small other lights :p
I want a Malkoff drop in, but what is needed more?
Do I need to buy a glass lens? Have the stock lens atm, I also have a stck reflector, don't think that will take leds, at the bottom of the reflector it ends like this \ and not like this _ so I hink lots of light won't make it to the reflector, anybody can recommend me stuff?:shrug:

Hope you guys understand me, don't know the good english words to explain this situation :p

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use the stock Mag lens and reflector, but if you want the best performance out of the Malkoff get a UCL/Borafloat glass lens.
As for the reflector, using the stock reflector will give you more throw
while an "after-market" OP reflector this will smooth out the beam giving you more flood.
You can get a cheap Mag OP reflector from KD (15mm opening) or if your feeling particularly brave get an aerosol-can of clear acrylic and OP the reflector yourself (search for threads by Darkzero)

EDIT ...
I also have a stck reflector, don't think that will take leds, at the bottom of the reflector it ends like this \ and not like this _ so I hink lots of light won't make it to the reflector

The Malkoff dropin will work fine with the Mag Reflector

worldedit

Enlightened
You might need to cut of the cam from the reflector. Can be done pretty easy with a metal saw. Or does the Malkoff work with the cam?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No cam with a Malkoff. Try to get a glass lens. I'm just getting started with Mags myself. Great hosts for modding. Sky is the limit (and your wallet) really. I think Gene is doing P7 drop-ins now too.