My 14250 flashlight

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
Inspired by Orb Raw, I decided to make my own "poor man" version. My primary goal was to have regulated multimode driver and clicky switch. Because of that, my light is not as small as Raw or similar 14250 flashlight. I had few Cree P2 emitters lying around from my previous Romisen RC-G2 modifications, so decided to use it, but R2 is on the way for upgrade anyway.
I used 19 mode driver from DX (sku. 7882), and after adjustment, current is just right for 14250 cell. At the tail cap readings are 0.3 A on high, 0.07 A on medium and 0.01 A on low.
High is similar to Romisen RC-G2, but with more spill. Low is very usefull in total darkness, with the theoretical run time of 25-30 h.
I applied only thermal paste between emitter and the heatsink, and when the head assembly is screwed into the body, emitter is firmly pressed against the heatsink. When better emitter arrive, I can swap the leds without problem.
Reflector is also from DX (sku. 14598), as well as clicky switch (sku. 5604) and GIDT silicone tailcap (sku. 7321).
All in all, not the smallest and the best flashlight in 14250 group, but still usefull, and much cheaper then Raw or Draco :)

Hrvoje

kramer5150

Flashaholic
NICE!!!

I am running a setup around the DX7882.
-Superfire 501B as host
-McClicky forward click switch for reliability.
-1x18650
-XRE-P4 emitter
-DX P60 brass pill + OP reflector

The 7882 is adjusted for low current draw, and extended run times. Its a really nice driver.

On low its about ~12L (in between my Inova X1-V2 and Fenix L1T-V2.0-low)
On high its about ~115L (in between my Fenix L1T-high and Romisen RC-N3-Q5)

Are you really using all those strobes? I don't even know what they all do...LOL:thinking:
:twothumbs

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hey... just noticed your DX7882 is bridged over with a resistor between V+out and C1.
Did it come that way from DX/KD?
Is there any advantage to that over a plain wire bridge? (thats what I did).

thanks again for sharing

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it come that way from DX. I don't know about any advantage, don't have any wire bridged driver to compare.
I only use mode group with high, medium, low, strobe and SOS. That's enough :)

Hrvoje

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is nice. I really like the 14250 cells and flashlights. It is the smallest cell size with reasonable capacity I could find, and also available in primary and recharge versions.

Now we just need AW would come back with the protected RCR2 / protected 14250 version. :whistle:

Is that circuit protected against low battery voltage / overdischarge ?