Quick question about my ARC LS second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibrizo

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I just broke down and got a arc LS second (hey it's alot of money for a broke student ^_^). I must say I'm extremely pleased with it and I'm looking forward to an LS4 in the near future... (I just have to save up.)

I was wondering if there was anyway to look up the binning for my LED as it didn't come on the sticker... I'm curious as to what rank it is and the color info.

I have an LSH-P 2nd Serial# 687 (checked 5/5/03 pretty recently) (Did I mention I feel lucky? and that I'm very pleased?)

Anyways I see a minor dent in the head which is why it was a second, but not that I mind or care, it was a great price. I just hope that the seconds are waterproof as well since I plan to wash it when I use it on patients in the clinic. (It really lights up the back of their throats like no tomorrow, but on the downside, it's much too bright to test pupil reflexes ^_^)

Is it safe to wash the light under running water? If not, I probably will have to use that dingy penlight or get another light, but heck this light is awesome.

Anyways, I must return to studying neuro. Nice to meet everyone.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF and in case you were wondering you lucked out with that Arc Second.

The 'P' stands for premium which means the rank of the luxeon is P or Q for brightness and 3 or 4 for tint. There really isn't any way to know for sure what you got but so far I haven't heard of any P ranked Arc LSH-P's so I would bet you got a Q (the brightest currently available).

The 'H' stands for high dome which I (among many others0 prefer to the low dome. High dome luxeons tend to be whiter than low domes with better throw.

Basically, you got the brightest, whitest 1 watt luxeon light you could get and for a real bargain price. Arc LSH-P's are at least $120 if you are lucky enough to find them in stock at that price and more normally $140 - $160.

As to your cleaning requirements, I will wait for other more qualified people to chime in.

Congratulations and welcome to CPF,
Pat

fibrizo

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, hopefully I didn't use up all my luck as I have a neuro exam on monday (which oddly enough, I would much rather be lucky at than getting th LSH-P, not that I'm complaining of course.)

I just placed an order for soem surefire batteries. Are these any good? I noticed the arc came with duracell ultras. Is there a particular kind of battery that's best for it?

Is it really 30 lumens? I don't know how you test this, all I know is that I really should not look into the light because it's pretty blinding... Although it's not as intense as my brinkmann LX (which is not fair I know since it has 2 batteries.) Does anyone know how many lumens the brinkmann LX is?

This is bad, now I'm imagining modding an otoscope to use a luxeon star... Perhaps I've been studying too much and now I'm insane.

Anyways, incase I haven't said it enough, the ARC-LS is wonderful. A tad expensive, but a great product. I can see why people don't really return these things.

Someday when I actually am done with school (years from now) if ARC is still making lights, I'm going to buy a truckload of these...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
after i got my lsh-p, i gave away my arc AAA and my C2 went into my bag. the lsh-p is now my favourite light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.