M6 - Expencive "POWERHAWG" or Variable and economical "BEEFEATER"

BrightShadow

Newly Enlightened
I used to say " why get the M6 even if you have the money since it sucks down 6 batteries in 20 minutes". I always liked the variablity that a T-head , 6p,and 2 A19 provided. But then someone mentioned putting dummies in it and running lower output lamps. Is this true. Could you some how dummy it to take even the lowly N1 bulb?

If so please explain how it is possible to do this.
<EDIT>
Oops, forgot to change myself back to aragorn after aiding Erica- FYI this post written by Aragorn

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M6 - Expencive "POWERHAWG" or Variable and economical "BEEFEATER"

i agree with your fist statement. the cost to aquire and run is too high. it's overkill for the runtime.

John G.

Newly Enlightened

Though this is a flashaholic website I honestly don't see why some people would even consider getting an M6. This ISN'T a toy so stop thinking and treating it like one. The M6 is for tactical use and if you aren't going to use it for such then screw it. You obviously don't need it. If you needed to use it, then you wouldn't care about $10 worth of batteries gone in 20 minutes. You'd use up just as much ammunition killing people.

Size15's

Flashaholic

There are few who need an M6 for their job.
There are some who find it useful to protect their home etc
These uses are such that running costs (batteries) are nothing compared to getting the job done.

Of course, many "Flashaholics" love the M6 - One of the brightest, most brilliant flashlights ever produced. For us, it is more a novelty, and we understand it's running costs. Either we except that we have to pay for it, or we have to made do with another product.

There is of course another product that is cheaper to run - the 10X!

I accept your point that many SureFires are designed and intended for serious 'tactical' use - the Millennium Series especially.

Al

poalcat

Newly Enlightened

Piyo Man -
Haven't you ever bought something just because you wanted it?

Yes, this is a flashaholic website. "Need" has little to do with why we waste so much of our money on flashlights. Please respect our common illness.

Anyone willing to pay for an M6 has a right to think of it and use it anyway they want.

One's motive for purchasing an M6 is not a moral issue.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Poalcat,

I thought in some States, thinking and using an M6 in certain ways was not only considered immoral, but also illegal!
wink.gif

I don't consider using up 6 SF123As in 20 minutes a 'waste'. I have enjoyed those 20 minutes. Of course, there are other things one can spend money on for an impressive 20 minutes of light entertainment.

Al
grin.gif