Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake specs question

garland

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought this from ebay:

98d9_12.JPG

9b64_12.JPG

Specs listed were:

WOLF-EYES RATTLESNAKE M90 12V XENON TORCH. IT ALSO HAS FA80103 AS PART OF ITS NUMBERING.

IT IS POWERED BY 4X CR125 BATTERIES

Can anyone tell me how many lumens I can expect from it and if it's possible to upgrade.

I thought I knew what I was buying but have since done a bit more research on it and have found a few variations, so I'm wondering what I've bought now! :oops: (it was £38)

Thanks for any help you can offer. lovecpf

Also: is it any good?!?! :confused:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the M90.....one of my favourite lights.

Five parts to this light......the bezel, the lamp inside, the body, the cells inside and the tailcap......Unscrew the bezel and take out the lamp, if it looks like a bulb in the centre of the reflector than you have an "Incan" lamp, if it has a small yellowish square in the centre under a small dome, then you have an LED lamp. Either way, you can read the details on the side of the lamp.....if you let us know what it is we can tell you a bit about it. This light takes 4x CR123 cells 12V or 2x 18650 rechargeable cells 9V, you have a choice but you have to match the cells with the lamp, as these are not interchangeable. The switch looks like a tactical forward clicky as we call it here, push slightly for momentary "on" or slightly harder until it clicks for continuous "on"......so, let us know what you have......most likely a 12V stock standard M90, but you never know......

btw, welcome to CPF......

Last edited:

garland

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the M90.....one of my favourite lights.

Five parts to this light......the bezel, the lamp inside, the body, the cells inside and the tailcap......Unscrew the bezel and take out the lamp, if it looks like a bulb in the centre of the reflector than you have an "Incan" lamp, if it has a small yellowish square in the centre under a small dome, then you have an LED lamp. Either way, you can read the details on the side of the lamp.....if you let us know what it is we can tell you a bit about it. This light takes 4x CR123 cells 12V or 2x 18650 rechargeable cells 9V, you have a choice but you have to match the cells with the lamp, as these are not interchangeable. The switch looks like a tactical forward clicky as we call it here, push slightly for momentary "on" or slightly harder until it clicks for continuous "on"......so, let us know what you have......most likely a 12V stock standard M90, but you never know......

btw, welcome to CPF......

Thanks for that info and the welcome!

I haven't recieved it yet, it should come tomorrow or Friday, will check the bulb and report back.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the "incan" and LED lamps?

Are there any replacement lamps or kits to increase the output and brightness?

Chris

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any replacement lamps or kits to increase the output and brightness?
Several.
LF=Lumens Factory WE=Wolf Eyes
Check out the LF stuff at: www.lumensfactory.com
and the WE at: www.pts-flashlights.com
Stock body w/no extenders, 2x18650:
LF EO-9L
LF HO-9L
Stock body plus extender for 3x18500 or 3x18650:
WE 13V D36 (floodier beam-LF lamps more concentrated on spot)
LF HO-13
LF EO-13

edit: WE also has a P7 LED head for the M90:
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=1-139-150-6577

You may want to ask a mod to move this to the incandescent or general forum.

Last edited:

garland

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

Where would I get the body extender from? (I'm in the UK)

And if I use rechargable 18500 or 18650 batteries, will it affect the brightness or just the runtime?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about dealers in your area. PTS ships internationally, I believe.

The difference between 3x18500 and 3x18650 will mostly be greater runtime for the larger cells, but it should also be brighter(I don't know how visible this difference will be, not having run these combos) throughout its runtime, because the larger capacity cells will drop less voltage under load.
I like the simplest upgrade, with the stock body and 2x18650 running the LF EO-9L. That's what I used when I had a M90.
My friend who posts here as Robocop can probably tell you more about the 13V lamps, since he got the M90, extenders, batteries, and LF lamps recently, but I haven't had a chance to check his new stuff out, yet(maybe tonight!:)).

garland

Newly Enlightened
Could I just get a HO-12 (12V, 550 Lumens) from Lumens factory? It says it's designed to be used with 4 x CR123, and then I won't need an extender.

Thanks again Owen, you've been most helpful.

Let me know if you check out your friends new setup!:)

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I just get a HO-12 (12V, 550 Lumens) from Lumens factory? It says it's designed to be used with 4 x CR123, and then I won't need an extender.

Thanks again Owen, you've been most helpful.

Let me know if you check out your friends new setup!:)

Now you have to decide how much you are going to use this light, how easy it is to get the CR123 cells and how much they cost.......I did not look at the specs of this lamp but most likely you will get about 60 minutes of use out of a set of cells.....could be quite expensive in UK......depending on use, in most cases outside of US people tend to use the rechargeable cells to keep costs down in the long term, you will need to get a charger as well. If you click on my sig line (Incan) you will see some beamshot comparisons between the HO-9L, EO-9L and the EO-13.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I ASSumed you wanted rechargeables for some reason. If you're not going to use the light a lot, rechargeables might be a waste.
Bright lights are just a toy for me, and when I look back at going through three different chargers, a couple of dozen 18650s total, building lights based on them vs. the actual amount of time I've used them....well, I've wasted hundreds of dollars "saving money" by using rechargeables.
It sure was fun, though:eek: