Need some suggestions for a cheap thrower

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I picket up the Home Depot Husky 2xD light the other day because of the $25 price. It is a pretty good flashlight for the price. The throw on it is very cool. I haven't been interested in throwers before, I have little use for them. But seeing what this can do puts a smile on my face. But, I don't think I will keep it because the spill looks pretty bad. Lots of rings and the Led is not centered.

What I would like to know, what light should I consider for up to $40 with great throw? I've been searching, but it's hard to decide. The main reason is when you search for a bargain light, they are compared to other bargain lights. I would love to see a $30 Romisen or one of the KD overachievers compared to a Tiablo T9 or 10. lovecpf

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the Mag 2D Rebels - $30 at Lowe's. HD also has them if you get them to price match, your price will be $27. Much nicer beam and build quality.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
The MG RX-1 from Shiningbeam.com for $45.00

The Dorcy 220 lumen from Wal-Mart.com for $50.00

The RQ which is the Raidfire Spear clone for $39.99 from Kaidomain.

These are all good lights based on reviews. I own the RQ and it is very decent. It has the smallest profile of the 3 I mentioned. I have a feeling that the RX-1 or the Dorcy may be a bit better in throw...but not by much. I just couldn't pass up the price for the RQ.

Last edited: