CanI use Energizer E2's in my Pelican LED lights?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a handfull of the Pelican 4AA ProPolymer lights for emergency backup lights for our small hospital. The thing is, they likely won't be used very often, maybe not for years. I'd like to stock them with the Energizer E2 lithiums or Ultra? batteries, but I'm not sure if that's safe from what I've read in here... ie. leakage??? Are these lithiums safe to even run in these lights?

What do you guys suggest I use for maximum storage time AND reliabilty?

Thanks,
Dan

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should probably be in the battery section....

One of the benefits of the Energizer e2 lithium batteries is that they are not predisposed to leaking like alkaline cells are when left in lights for a long period of time.

They also have a long shelf life (10 years for the Advanced, 15 years for the Ultimate).

For what you are trying to accomplish, the Energizer e2 lithiums are exactly what you need.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Can I use them without harming the Pelican lights though. I can't find anything to the contrary.

Mods... could you move this please to thew battery section then if needed.. I'm not sure how to do it.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh, I see where your going.

Are your lights Pelican or Streamlight? Can't seem to find any info on Pelican ProPoly lights.

The Energizer lithiums have a 1.5v nominal voltage.
The samples I have test 1.6 to 1.7 volts under load when new so 4 of them would be at least 6 volts.

If it is a Streamlight, they only say to use alkaline cells in those lights.
I don't have one myself to know what kind of circuitry they have to say whether they could handle the extra 1.2 volts.

I looked at the available documents on the Streamlight site but couldn't find too much additional information.

Hopefully someone who owns one of these lights will chime in.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a handfull of the Pelican 4AA ProPolymer lights for emergency backup lights for our small hospital. The thing is, they likely won't be used very often, maybe not for years. I'd like to stock them with the Energizer E2 lithiums or Ultra? batteries, ....

Pelican or Streamlight? Didn't know that Pelican had a ProPolymer product line.

I use Energizer E2 lithium batteries in a Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon light with no ill effects.

There was a discussion about this a few years ago on CPF, but I can't provide a citation. The upshot was that the lithium cell voltage is too high for some of the other lights in the Streamlight ProPolymer family, but OK in the 4AA Luxeon version.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
:oops::ohgeez: I'm such an idiot...

The lights are infact Streamlights... I looked so long and hard as to which lights to buy for the hospital, that I got these confused with the Pelicans.. they look alike, don't they?.!?

They are the Propolymer 4AA LED, 7 LED 67 lumen version AND

The 4AA Lux LED 40 Lumen lights

Thanks much guys!

Dan

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer e2 (Ultimate Lithium) batteries work great in LED lights, which is the application you're using. I don't own any Streamlights, but I can attest to the L91's (battery model number) excellent quality.

Last edited: