jetbeam 3 ultra only as bright as taskforce 2c ??? is it defective?

dtx

Newly Enlightened
i just bought a jetbeam jet 3 ultra and was excited about having a bright 18650 flashlight, but it seems not to have met my expectations.

i compared it to my lowe's 3C taskforce flashlight and they are almost equal in brightness and throw, i expected the jetbeam ultra 3 to be much brighter than my taskforce because if i recall correctly the taskforce is only about 120-160 lumens more or less and the ultra is suppossed to be 220+ lumens

did i receive a defective jetbeam ultra? i tested them both at night time with brand new batteries

in the jetbeam i used a brand new fully charged AW 18650 battery.

btw..i bought it from bugoutgearusa and there was an initial delay in my shipment of about 2 weeks, they actually had to send the jetbeams back to the manufacturer because of bugs/problems with the lights.

anybody have any input on my situation?

i am really new to these nicers higher power flashlights, this is only my 2nd one, my 1st was the nitecore infinity defender, and than this one, so i really don't have any idea how bright this one should be

Last edited:

bob4apple

Enlightened
You can put that 18650 into the TaskForce 2C, for even more
brightness, as I and many others have done.

I have no idea if your jetbeam is defective, though I doubt it.
The TaskForce is well known here as a VERY bright light, and,
true story- a neighbor of mine mistook it for a car headlight!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you program your Jetbeam yet? The default mode is 180 lumens. Hmmm ... even at that level, you should have noticed a difference in comparison with the Taskforce light.

dtx

Newly Enlightened
Did you program your Jetbeam yet? The default mode is 180 lumens. Hmmm ... even at that level, you should have noticed a difference in comparison with the Taskforce light.
just barely a minor difference, i will have to try to program it and than see what happens i guess,

does anybody know if bugoutgear will do refunds on flashlights? their website policy says that they do full refunds on basically everything else except led flashlights, but only exchanges on flashlights, does anybody know if they stick to this policy?

dtx

Newly Enlightened
jetbeam jet 3 ultra: how do i adjust settings, no user manual

can anybody link me to a user manual for this light? they sent me a user manual for the PRO ibs, but not the ultra, i don't think my light is on the maximal brightness and i cann't figure out how to get it to that,

thanks in advance

jake25

Enlightened
I think its a case of you getting your hopes too high dtx

when you get into more LED flashlights you'll realize that lights in the 200-225-250 range look very similiar.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: jetbeam jet 3 ultra: how do i adjust settings, no user manual

This is the UI programming for the 'reverse' clicky tailcap (which is on my Jet I Pro).

1. Click on the light, it will be in mode 1, then half press for mode 2 and again for mode 3 and it will cycle through the 3 modes.

2. To program mode 1, click on, half press quickly 3x (within 1.5 seconds).

3. The light will go into program mode and ramp UPwards, you will see the light flash to indicate MINIMUM mode and then ramp up, it will flash twice to indicate 50% mode and flash three times when it hits MAXIMUM then it repeats.

4. To program the mode, simply turn off the light at the desired level and wait 3 seconds.

5. To enter strobe, SOS mode, half press the light while it is in ramping mode and it will go into STROBE/SOS mode, the frequency of the strobe will ramp up from slow - 15hz and then go into locator / SOS modes and repeat. Simply turn off the light when you are at the desired level of strobe / sos.

6. Steps 1 - 5 above apply to the other modes too. e.g. to program mode 2, click on, half press once, then half press quickly 3 times then either go into strobe mode or just let it ramp.

NOTE: if you are programming ANY mode, please note that if you half press to go into strobe and half press while in strobe mode, the light will switch back to default mode and you lose all your programmed modes.

For the FORWARD clicky (which is on my Jet III Pro ST)
Its a bit more complicated but nothing that you wont get used to.

1. half clicks will cycle through modes 1 - 3

2. when in the mode that you wish to program, DO NOT click fully on, you have to perform the 3 x half clicks from the half click position, NOT while its fully clicked on.

3. the rest is the same, ramps up yadda yadda, strobe/sos yadda yadda.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Cheers

StarHalo

Flashaholic

The interface is the same for all IBS lights, so your user's manual should be correct for your model as well.

DM51

Flashaholic

It was unnecessary to start a 2nd thread about this. I'm merging it with your 1st one.

dtx

Newly Enlightened

It was unnecessary to start a 2nd thread about this. I'm merging it with your 1st one.
okY thanks

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea if your jetbeam is defective, though I doubt it.
The TaskForce is well known here as a VERY bright light, and,
true story- a neighbor of mine mistook it for a car headlight!

Yes, don't underestimate the Taskforce:bow:, if your jet III is not running at maximum brightness then that's the answer, however even if it ends up looking brighter than the Taskforce in it's highest output, putting the 18650 in the Taskforce will probably bring it back up to the same level "There is a huge boost in performance by switching to 18650's:faint:, well at lest for me:whistle:".