• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Aleph compatible Titanium Mule *No light engine necessary*

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok folks,

I'm looking for an Aleph compatible Titanium Mule. No light engine necessary.

Shoot me a PM if you have this or something similar.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: McGizmo Titanium Mule w/ P7 LE *See pics in post*

The head's going to be the tough part. I haven't seen many Aleph compatible Ti mule heads for sale. A couple from TB and one from Mirage_Man.

Of course, you could also look into having one of Don's PD Mules converted.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was looking into buying the light engine seperately, then shopping around for one of Don's Titanium mules.

So your saying the light engine would not fit?

Sorry for the nub question ;)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

So your saying the light engine would not fit?
While Don's AMC Mule is Aleph compatible, the titanium version is not. And going back to what donn said about the rarity of titanium Aleph compatible mule heads, you might want to send donn a PM :poke::D as I believe he has at least one, maybe two.

donn_

Flashaholic

AFAIK, Don hasn't made an Aleph compatible Ti Mule. I believe they are PDs, and won't accept an Aleph LE.

donn_

Flashaholic

Donn's down to one Aleph compatible Ti Mule these days, currently doing duty with an RV7 driven Cree, and riding on a custom 1x 2/3A NiMH tube:

IMGP2501.jpg

I recently sold this Mule with a P7 LE:

IMGP2500.jpg

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Donn's down to one Aleph compatible Ti Mule these days, currently doing duty with an RV7 driven Cree, and riding on a custom 1x 2/3A NiMH tube:

IMGP2501.jpg

Damn,

Thanks for the info guys!

Donn, if you decide to part with that Aleph compatible Ti Mule, please
keep me in mind. It looks great!

Ray

donn_

Flashaholic

I will Ray, but it's a pretty specialized tube. The only cells it will take are 2/3A or shorter, like a CR2. L-R: RCR2, 2/3A, RCR123 and AA.

IMGP2504.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nfetterly sold the setup shown below here on CPF last night.

** I'm looking to buy this same setup but in TITANIUM **

Shoot me a PM if you have this or something similar.

485762799_VEtxi-S.jpg
485762811_EEMXb-S.jpg

Light Engine is from datiLED (as described below) (Posting 11 – 01 - 08)

DSWOI P7/Flupic Light Engines

For sale is one D-bin Seoul P7/Flupic (V2.2) light engines for the Aleph series lights. Glow epoxy was applied around the emitter (ultra blue glow epoxy).
485762777_cquyR-S.jpg
485762856_rVyZT-S.jpg

LE features a DSWOI P7 LED (from Amilite in Korea) and a V2.2 Flupic board pushing 1.2A on high. This should be good for approximately 300 lumens, give or take. The Flupic is a multi-level, user programmable driver board that requires the use of a single 3.7V Li-Ion cell. Details of the board can be found at link below. Note - I tried it with a 3 volt primary CR123 and the light functioned as normal changing between high and low - wasn't quite as bright as would be expected from 3 volts versus 3.7 volts.

Man - you should have PM'd me for some better photos! I was going to take some more today at work - but it sold too fast! It's all packed and ready to go, waiting for UPS.

If this had been in titanium I wouldn't have sold it. I shouldn't have bought any titanium, once you feel it, somehow it just feels different.....

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

I only plan on using RCR123's, so it would be just fine!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man - you should have PM'd me for some better photos! I was going to take some more today at work - but it sold too fast! It's all packed and ready to go, waiting for UPS.

If this had been in titanium I wouldn't have sold it. I shouldn't have bought any titanium, once you feel it, somehow it just feels different.....

I think your pics were great!
I especially like the blue glow shots, very nice!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope. 2/3A and shorter is all that'll fit this tube. It won't take CR123.

Odd tube, Rats!

Thanks for the help Donn!

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
Kid9P I have been looking for a Ti Mule Aleph compatible head and they are just about "unni-tanium". Your best bet is to have one made, especially if you want it to look like a McGizmo EN Mule. I am talking with a CPF machinist Tranquillity Base about having one custom made. He is up for it as long as your not in that big of a rush to get it.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kid9P I have been looking for a Ti Mule Aleph compatible head and they are just about "unni-tanium". Your best bet is to have one made, especially if you want it to look like a McGizmo EN Mule. I am talking with a CPF machinist Tranquillity Base about having one custom made. He is up for it as long as your not in that big of a rush to get it.
This I do not recall:thinking:

ehallspqr

Newly Enlightened
TB says: "This I do not recall"

Mirage Man says: "I believe he's been talking with me about a mule head"

Duoh! :confused: :ohgeez:Yes your right. It is Brian aka Mirage Man that I am talking to not TB. I have been talking via email not CPF moniker so I got you confused. Sorry about that. My point is after looking high and low the only Ti Aleph compatible Mule heads I have seen are custom built by you 2 gentlemen. There seems to be general shortage of Ti heads for the Ti McClickie bodies. There have been a number of Aleph 1, 2 & 3 heads floating around but no Mule or other very compact heads. The Aleph 2 head that I had on my McClickie was functionally great but it made the light bigger than I wanted to ECD.