What is everyones favorite LED flashlight?

jtice

Flashaholic
I was just wondering what everyones favoritte LED flashlight was.

Please state why its your favorite, and alittle info on it.

- Prefered it be one you actually own,,, but it can be your favoritte one that you have played with also. -

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a few people here can write a book on why their collage of LED lights are a favorite, especiall one favor for one application...

I'll pick the McLux right now as my favorite, and to spare people the essay, I'll just say that it's quite a flexible light to operate...

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
Hard to choose between the CMG Infinity Ultra ot the Streamlight 4AA. If I was really pressed to choose one it would be the SL.

Its quite bright enough for about anything I use it for. Although a bit big for EDC, it could be done if needed.

My favorite may change when I get ahold of a new Streamlight, the one that has the regualr bulb and LEDs. Havent decided which size to get yet.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice -

ARC AAA.

Fully regulated.

Moon mode.

Indestructable.

Most used.

As you read around more and search around more the possibilties available may cause you to ask more intent specific questions. The "Homemade" section is my favorite forum here at CPF to find out about high performance flashlights. These are the lights I like the most, but my favorite is the commercially available ARC AAA.

- Jeff

gyverpete

Enlightened
I don't have many lights but my favorite and most used (90%) light is the ARC-AAA. It's small enough to be worn around my neck 24/7, well made, cheap to feed, bright enough for most of my tasks and reliable.

Second place goes to my ARC-LS hybrid, which I EDC, though not 24/7 (not small enough). I guess when the AAA is as bright as a 1watt LS with a five hour runtime, that will become my favorite.

jtice

Flashaholic
Why is the ACR LS soooooooo expensive?
Im seeing it for $100 !!!

I like how it has different packs that can acomidate other batteries,,, but GEEZ !

How do the ARC AAA , and ARC LS compair in light output?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
FalconFX (bent beak? {who started that?})-

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif OK, OK, OK; I'm know I'm gonna pay.

McLux? What a d%mb#ss. I didn't get one./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Gotta be one of the best lights on the planet. What's your selling price? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think we should come up with a name for us semi-newbs.

I would like to say that long ago you accepted and never dropped the torch and are a most competent "Keeper of the Light".

- Iceboy, Icey, IckyBogCrane, whatever you come up with; I'll pay.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do the ARC AAA , and ARC LS compair in light output?

No comparison at all. You can barely even see the AAA beam next to an LS beam...

As for the Arc LS being so expensive, read more about it HERE ...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ice Ice Baby!

Heheh... Vanilla Ice is enough punishment... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can pick a second close favorite... The BadBoy400Q3L...
Now that one, even the newbs of newbs can appreciate and carry...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak,
Just hunt down for the Do It Yourself parts when Dat2zip posts them up... All's not the end...

paulr

Flashaholic
Don't know about "favorite" as every light has its own unique appeal. That's why flashaholics are so obsessed with them and own so many.

My most-used LED light is a CMG Ultra, which sort of surprises me. I thought I'd use it much less than the Arc AAA that I bought at the same time. If I had to choose just one of them I'd still choose the AAA because it's on my keychain and I always have it. But at the times I have both, I use the CMG because it fits the hand better and doesn't have a wad of keys attached to it. Plus I have a NiMH cell in it right now, so running it is "free".

Right now I'm managing ok without a Luxeon light. At those brightness levels, incandescents still work fine. When I get some more cash, hopefully the Firefly will be ready and I'll be able to get one.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two that I EDC.

Yellow Photon on the keyring.

CMG Ultra-G with wrist loop in other pocket.

If I was forced to choose just one, then I guess the Yellow Photon would win -
just because it's been my EDC for well over 5 years and is still going strong.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Up until a couple weeks ago the ARC LSH-P was my favorite. Now the McLux is top-dog for me. Yes, I know the McLux is a bit bigger, however I like the versatility of the light and the fact that it can sit on its end. It also fits my hand better.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Sorry, multiple favorites here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

absolute minimum EDC: AAA LE + LS Grey with Q2K HD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Additional: McLux ( almost always present... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Yellow Infinity as nightlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif
(When in unfamiliar surroundings, a PALight Survivor is added.)

Cheap to run favorite: Lambda Illuminator. Great runtime on NiMH batt's, and great batt protection.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two almost always carry (99.4%)

Arc AAA on a Neck chain. Use a chain, I used red paracord and someone thought I cut my throat and freaked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Opalec in a Red Mini with a Kroll Tail switch.

Plus whatever new acquisitions are at hand, BB's MM's or Arc LS's.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez...What a question?!!? I think I can narrow it down to a top 5.

1) Surefire L1, with green LS. This is probably the coolest flashlight that I have ever owned. It is the first flashlight to replace my E2 for daily carry. Rather expensive, but worth every penny IMHO. I was not as impressed with the white LS version that I had. It lacked the throw and 'brightness' of the green.

2) ARC AAA, white or turq led. Super small, tough, reliable and bright.

3) CMG Infinity Ultra / Regular Infinity in red or green. Cheap to feed, tough, reliable and bright for the runtime. The regular Infinity with a lithium battery dropped in it makes an excellent stash light for emergency kits.

4) PT Attitude. Same rough size as a Minimag. Cheap, waterproof, tough and lots of useable light for a long time.

5) Photon II. Small enough to carry several of them all the time and never feel them in your pockets. Battery life is fine as long as you just use them intermitently. Only big drawbacks are mildly annoying battery changes and total lack of water resistance.