LED Flashlight Accessory Ideas

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I was tinkering around with my Fenix torches the other day and had 2 ideas for additional accessories they could offer. If anybody has heard of these or knows where to get them then please reply.

Anyway... idea #1:

I have an LD20 with diffusers and was thinking how handy it would be to have some kind of 3-legged tripod mount that could hold the torch vertical at the side of a road or something in case of roadside emergency. Just something small that could fit into a glove comparment box or roadside kit in the trunk or something like that. I can see many other uses for this mount as well (ie.. working under a car, inside the house when power goes off, a generic light in a backyard at night, etc...).

My thoughts were that the strobe features of these torches could be very useful at the side of a road if standing vertical on the ground like a pilon and flashing away (with either the red or white diffuser on top).

Living up north, setting a torch on it's tailcap on the side of a road in the dead of winter is just not an option <grin>.

and...Idea #2

Owning a Fenix P1D CE and an E01 as well, I thought another good idea might be to have some kind of universal baseball cap clip mount for these. I often wear a ball cap to work and most often I need both my hands for the job at hand. I find that I'm always trying to find a place to set my light down to illuminate what I'm doing.

I'm aware of the headset mount Fenix offers but that is too much overkill for these little lights imho. A sturdy clip with some kind of adjustable (and pivotable) mount for 'smaller' torches I think would be ideal.. at least for me.

I look forward to any thoughts and other ideas !

:twothumbs

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Living up north, setting a torch on it's tailcap on the side of a road in the dead of winter is just not an option <grin>.

Don't you have snow? I've stuck a light into a snowbank to fix my bike along the road before; pack a custom snowball around your light when you actually need it on the road. :p

Marduke

Flashaholic
A piece of cardboard with a small hole (just bigger than the light) cut off center accomplished #1 in a pinch.

Fenix sells a 1xAAA clip, and most of their lights fit any standard 1xAA size clip. I carry my L0D with a bezel-up clip for specifically the reason you mentioned.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i have been toying idea of similar a pedestal clip in some of my "its after midnite and i just cant sleep damit" episodes :)

idea: it would use the pocketclip. with 1 or 2 studs that lock it either in closed (as pocket clip) or when pressed it would let the clip to swing outside to about 90-100 degrees. which would then lock up again.

now you would have a triangle. lights tailcap as one fulcrum point and pocketclips lower lip as another. and the led would be pointing up in about 45degrees.

press the locking studs again and you could twist it back to basic pocket clip shape and springloaded studs lock up again.

hope i make sense.. i draw this idea in my head one night during insomnia attack at 5am. did doodle it, but only i know what it is supposed to reprisent. hahha