Super Sabrelite or Streamlight ProPoly 3C?

Panzerfaust

Newly Enlightened
Howdy all, I'm new to the forum and a closet flashalholic.
I'm looking for any info regarding the Pelican Super Sabrelite and the Streamlight Pro-Polymer 3C series of flashlights. I'm also aware that Underwater Kinetics makes a version as well.
How do they all compare? Is there any real differances between them or are they just the same light with minor cosmetic variations?
Any info regarding brightness, battery life etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
~Ashley~

Ratso

Enlightened
Unless you were using it for diving, I would go with the Streamlight. Although I have never seen a side to side comparison, I believe that Streamlights are better.

Both manufacturers rate 12000 CP but we do not know how much overall light output there is. I think the Pelican beam is smaller and blothcy, maybe even too small for diving.

Here is another choice, the UKE SL4. It uses 4 C batteries and should be alot brighter than all of the above. The side by side configuration makes it shorter overall, and only slightly thicker.

I have a SL6, the 6 C version and it is really darn bright. It is just about as long as a Super Saberlite, but wider/thicker. Construction isn't bad either. You can get 4 hours of realistic runtime. The SL4 should should be just as good.

Bringing in the SL6 also brings up the PT Surge.
smile.gif

However I think the main focus is to look at C lights so lets not start anymore surge vs. SL6 comparisons...

Panzerfaust

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.
I just ordered the Streamlight 3C as well as a Streamlight 4AA and Princeton Tec Tec40--I read what people had to say about them on this forum and that helped me make up my mind.
No diving involved--I just wanted some compact, powerful, waterproof and inexpensive-to-feed flashlights for an upcoming beachtrip next month.
~Ashley~
ps. I'll have to look into the SL4/SL6 series and the Surge in the near future--they sound interesting indeed from what I've read here.

boristhespider

Newly Enlightened
Can i reserrect this thread........any one else got any thoughts on how they compare? I'm after a light weight (plastic) 3c torch with decent throw. Which thows the best out of these 2 and has the best beam? Nice and rugged for outdoor use as well

PayBack

Enlightened
Until getting into LEDs I loved my Super Sabrelite. Good throw, robust, waterproof, and the large clip on it was so handy. To be honest I still like it and would love a decent throwing LED version to come out with one of the latest LEDs. I'd snap it up in a second.

yes the beam is a bit ugly but it's an incan so....

It's also the perfect size and weight for me for my next light up from an EDC.. especially handy with the oversize clip.

I can't compare with the other light mentioned unfortunately.