Draco Question

Dan FO

Enlightened
Am I correct in assuming that a Draco with the AAA body can't use a regular AAA battery?

Dan FO

Enlightened
Thanks guys, I just found where goldserve said "think of it like a buck converter''.

hazna

Enlightened
I have a few questions on the draco/drake, rather than start a new thread I thought I would hijack this one. (sorry)

Whats are the runtimes and lumens like with the AAA body?

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147586 Has runtimes for the draco. I understand that the runtimes with the drake and draco are around the same, just that the lumen output is different. Are the runtimes with this review still correct with the R2 models of the draco/drake?

How do people find the difference between the chrome and the titanium versions of these lights? Is the titanium worth the extra money? What is the difference between the various titanium coatings?

Is it worth paying for the sapphire lens?

I read in some threads that the tritium rods can break easily. Is this also a problem with the draco/drake? I plan in keeping the light on my keychain, so it would get a bit of wear and tear.

And just reading a few threads seems like the the turbo head is no longer available? Also it seems the nano-charger is no longer available as well... do you get an another charger instead?

Sorry I know thats a lot of questions, just want to clarify a few things before making a decision. I think I will probably end up getting a chrome comboB, unless someone can justify me spend more money on the titanium version and a sapphire lens too (please do try) :)

gollum

Enlightened
hazna...

my chrome draco is going well on my keychain...
still looks new after 6 months or more.
I knew I'd like this light and I wish I had the extra $ for the Ti version.
if you can afford it and you do like Ti then definately get it.
I like the the size factor with the 10280 battery and have 2 batteries.
and I charge them on a DX multi charger ...nano charger takes too long for me,although its better for the batteries life.
but you should be able to get the nano charger from Rob at Lummi or search for it.

lovecpf