L2D and P1D!

BlueBoom

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:I just bought a L2D and P1D from fenix-store!:paypal:

I also bought 4 Cr123a panasonic batteries from then and up to 100 USD insurance!

I can't wait!! (the L2D was olive)

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Sunshine in your pocket :wave:

Don't forget to eye-check your lights for before using them (CPF Rule No. 1). Some Fenix lights need a fresh cleaning after unpacking them!

DaddyCool

Newly Enlightened
Well, i received three Fenix lights from 4sevens and one of them looked a little dirty: There were rests of something like white powder on the whole light and the Fenix packaging had some cracks... maybe you can look out for something like this.

scottaw

Enlightened
It's a good idea to clean, lube and deoxit every light as soon as you get it, and not just fenix. Then you know when it was done properly, and when you should need to redo it. But yes, a few of my cheaper fenixes came from the factory with bone dry threads.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Well, i received three Fenix lights from 4sevens and one of them looked a little dirty: There were rests of something like white powder on the whole light and the Fenix packaging had some cracks... maybe you can look out for something like this.

Damaged packaging is just a part of the hobby; I've ordered many different lights from many different vendors and manufacturers, and anytime the packaging was cardboard/cardstock, it looked like it'd been beaten pretty badly. But it's not a big deal since only a few keep the packaging, and any decent light can handle anything the various postal services can throw at it..

-Luke-

Newly Enlightened
Damaged packaging is just a part of the hobby; I've ordered many different lights from many different vendors and manufacturers, and anytime the packaging was cardboard/cardstock, it looked like it'd been beaten pretty badly. But it's not a big deal since only a few keep the packaging, and any decent light can handle anything the various postal services can throw at it..

Yeah, no kidding. Some reviewers talk about their EDCs like they could survive a mine field or some horrible apocalyptic worse case scenario, dropping them on cement at least once a day for the past 10 years, surviving fires and floods, driving over them, dropping them from 100 feet up... I think the shipping is the least of our worries.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope you like it!

It's not out of the ordinary to take out and clean lights when you first recieve them. They should work just fine without cleaning but they feel better after being cleaned and maintained. Like any tool, a flashlight also need maintenance.