Eagletac P10A2 5A Q3...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the upcoming Eagletac P10A2 5A Q3; creative Googling is fun! What do you guys think? A rival for the Fenix TK20 to duel with, or a light that will stand on its own?

http://bbfd.cart.fc2.com/ca25/267/p-r25-s/

Eagle5A.jpg

I have mixed feelings about it. I like the protruding clicky and grippy look/feel that others report on the "100" models, but the notion of a warmer tint is appealing.

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
By that link, it appears they all will get the option.

Which is good, there are several road blocks to modding the emitter in this light.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep Eagletac will have some nice emitters in a couple lights. The T10LC2, the P10C2 should get them as well as the P10A2 iirc. I'm not sure if they'll come out in single cell lights yet. I also hope to see them in the 100 series XP-E lights. I"m glad to see a couple manufacturers listening to the minority of us who value neutral tinted LEDs.

Mikellen

Enlightened
Will the EagleTac Q3 5A lights be offered in the U.S.? Or are these only available overseas. JPlights offer the Fenix LOD in a warm white emitter but the website is in Japanese and it is shipped from Japan.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we will see them in the States very soon. I would ask whoever sells them here about availability.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I just purchased the P10A2 with Q3 5A LED from Pacific Tactical Solutions. It should arrive in a few days. I hope it is similar to the Fenix TK20 except for the size and weight.

makuyo

Newly Enlightened
An EagleTac P10A2 5A-Q3 with a crenelated bezel and im good to go...:thumbsup:
waiting for the Malaysian dealer to have them in stock...
stated selling by end of April... that's a long way to go...:eek:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep Eagletac will have some nice emitters in a couple lights. The T10LC2, the P10C2 should get them as well as the P10A2 iirc. I'm not sure if they'll come out in single cell lights yet. I also hope to see them in the 100 series XP-E lights. I"m glad to see a couple manufacturers listening to the minority of us who value neutral tinted LEDs.

Yep, the T10LC2, P10A2, and P10C2 have them now. :D I've been touting the 5A tint for quite awhile... definitely a favorite of mine, very natural.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased the P10A2 with Q3 5A LED from Pacific Tactical Solutions. It should arrive in a few days. I hope it is similar to the Fenix TK20 except for the size and weight.

It's on my wish list now for sure! Please let us know what you think/how it compares to your other lights. :)

Mikellen

Enlightened
My P10A2 Q3 5A just arrived. It has a very smooth and warm tint.
I've only tried it indoors so far but the 2 levels seem very useful. I think the low level will be quite practical for most uses. I'll check out how the light throws as soon as it gets dark outside.
The P10A2 is thinner and lighter than the Fenix TK20. The P10A2 also has a larger hot spot.
I just wish this light was a half inch shorter as it sticks out of my uniform pocket. I try to have the least amount of equipment attached to my duty belt so I avoid using a flashlight holster. I hope I can incorporate this into my work light. The form factor of a 2 CR123A battery powered flashlight like the Surefire G2L or Olight M20 R2 that I own fit much better in a uniform shirt pocket.
I think I will try the P10A2 out during the course of a few shifts and then see which light I decide to carry.
Other than my particular situation I think this light is a great buy.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds great! Is there enough spill to see what is in front of you, or, is the light mostly spot?

Mikellen

Enlightened
I tried the P10A2 outside last night against my Olight M20 R2. The M20 definitely has more throw with a tighter (smaller) hotspot. The P10A2 threw very well though. It has a larger hotspot and a good deal of spill that's comparable with the M20. When shining both lights on tree branches and leaves, say at about 100 feet, the P10A2 will enable you to see more of the total tree as compared to the M20 where you will see a lesser area although with more light intensity.
I think the P10A2 is a great buy. It's very practical, powerful, and has nice beam characteristics. I also love the tint of the Q3 5A!