• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MAXBLASTER 4400lm AW incan Incan Driver - Soft Start & Multi-Brightness

strideredc

Enlightened
I will regret this but it has to go...
MAXBLASTER made by max.

These don't come up that often. This is the thread …
This one is unique as its been fitted with an AW regulated soft-start so it has multiple brightness levels this IMHO makes it a real user and makes the battery's last much longer. It defiantly turns a show light in to something much more usable. Don't worry though, ramp it up to full and it will set paper alight in seconds!!!:p

Condition is still shelf queen with no noticeable marks on it
For Sale is the famous FIRE STARTER…The MAXBLASTER
This light is 4400 Lumens of blinding light!

Tri-bored 3D Black Mag
Fivemega MOP reflector
KIU Hi-Temp Socket
15.6 volt Mad Maxabeam battery pack
Borofloat high temperature lens
Osram 64623 100 watt bulb
KIU bezel with GID (very bright)

I want $260 plus post at cost (i will post worldwide) + paypal 3% post is around £15 (airmail) or £21 tracked and traced

IMGP1833.jpg

IMGP1836.jpg

IMGP1834.jpg

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Technical, small correction...the item you are selling, and which is a fabulous light and great price was made by Mad MaxaBeam ("Ed") from the Boston area, but who has been gone for 2 years.

I first named it as The MaxBlaster in this thread
, to distinguish it from Mac's 12 cell 14.4V "The Torch." There were two ways he made it, the 2D model shown in that thread using Elite 2/3A 1500mAh, and a 3D model with 12 Elite 1700mAh AA's + 13th 4/5A 1700mAh. Yours has 13 of the 2/3A Elite 1500mAh cells, with two dummy spacers to make it symetrical. Note yours also has the tailcap spring low resistance fix.

I think the body you have there was made by either Mac or Mirage Man.

When you include the special crenelated (with glow) bezel, an $82 AW Multi-switch, a custom milled head & tri-bored body, and battery pack, this is a steal, and very adaptable light. For example, you could put in 15 x 2/3A's, or 9 x AA's and have it run any number of bulbs.

This sale gets my unsolicited highest endorsement because I have one just like it, and know what it can do. If a buyer needs a set of magnet charging leads like shown in my thread here, I'll send you a set free (within USA) as a show of support.

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
Hi Lux,

Thanks for that. I also thought that the maxblaster was smooth body when I looked it up? But when I brought it was just called the maxblaster?
Darn it, if I had known it was a part Mac or Mirage man I would have put the price up! ;)

Thanks for the correction and endorsement.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well the ones that Mad Maxabeam sold originally, like that shown in my linked thread was just an ordinary tri-bored body. Then he had Mac or Mirage Man jazz a few of them up for a premium price. When you include the AW driver, this is a steal of a price. The name "Maxblaster" (after asking him if he would mind my using it) stuck with any of the models that used the 13th cell to boost the 64623 voltage above that of "The Torch."

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Does this thing literally generate a dangerous amount of heat? How long can it run without becoming uncomfortable?
2. What is the composition of the battery, and is it readily replaceable?
3. I don't believe I have a charger that will work with that battery. What charger would I need to obtain?

Thanks a lot, RG

strideredc

Enlightened
1. Does this thing literally generate a dangerous amount of heat? How long can it run without becoming uncomfortable? Yes, it will set paper alight in seconds. Quite a long time, don't know really as I have always lowered the power. Say 5 min on high before it's really hot?

2. What is the composition of the battery, and is it readily replaceable?
The man in the post above (LUX) can replace batteries for this. Its NiMh 1800mah high amp pack that's done about 25-30 charges. Should be good for 450 more?

3. I don't believe I have a charger that will work with tha battery.What

charger would I need to obtain? a multi cell smart charger (to charge 13 cells at once), you could get one for around $25 or less?