Arc lss question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwcaw

Enlightened
I have an Arc ls second that I have a question about. When I turn it on all the way, or if I screw the head down past a certain point the light goes into "moon mode". Why does it do this? Is the light defective(it is a second after all) And is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks,
Micah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a key word search for "Flex failure". When did you buy the light? The newer ones should not have flex. If it is flex, we will replace it, regardless of where you bought it. Send it in to us please.

Peter

bwcaw

Enlightened
I did a search on "flex failure" and got some good info. I took apart my lss, fixed the flex problem, then got to thinking, hmmmm i wonder what kind of o ring is around the optics in this thing. So I removed the little ring that holds the optics in, removed the optics, and lo and behold, there was no o ring! No wonder these things used to leak like seives! I came up with an elegant solution for the leaking problem though, I just cannibalised the o ring out of my mini m@g light that is seals the lens to the bezel, and it is a perfect fit down in there! It seals the optics, and you can't even see it. Sealing the bezel ring was harder, I didn't have an o ring small enough to fit in the space between the main part of the bezel, and the ring, and I was just going to leave it, then I thought, why not just use one of the rubber bands from my orthodontist? (I have braces) And it fits perfectly! And it is waterproof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Thanks peter for the offer to replace my light! You are the only person I know who would back up a "second quality" product with a warrantee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.