Name all Multi-Function Tailcaps For SureFire G2

realitycheck

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I just got my malkoff M60 in the other day. I love this drop in, its amazing.
I was thinking about doing close up work though and its a little blinding for that, :huh:
So I was wondering what Multi-Function tailcaps do the have that fit the G2?
Thanks Guys

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of them include the OpticsHQ multifunction (and reverse multifunction) tailcap (available only with their LED drop-in), and the McC2S two-stage tailcap conversion kit.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Another one is AW's three level soft start tail switch. Originally made for incandescent bulbs, it has proven to work with LED lights that are driven by at least 6 volts. You would have to use a metal SF tailcap with the G2. Still another one is the UNIQUE tailcap available from Light Hound. It works ok on LED lights too if total wattage is not too high. Also need 6 volts to function well.

Bill

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OpticsHQ tailcap also has its limitations. It draws power even with the light turned off. It can drain 2x16340 in about a month (shorter if you also use the flashlight). It also doesn't seem to work 100% with several popular drop-ins, such as the Deal Extreme 6090 and 11836, and the Malkoff M30 and M60. Among other issues, when you try to turn off the light, the drop-in stays in a very low output "moonglow" state. The OpticsHQ tailcap does work well with its matching OpticsHQ LED drop-in. It has also worked well with an assembled AW Turbo Tower equipped with a Seoul P4 U2SW0H-bin LED and a Sandwich Shoppe SOB1000 driver.

I have no hands-one experience with this one, but the G&P A.I. Tailcap Switch adds a strobe function. From the description, however, the user interface seems a little odd.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The McGizmo McC2s is the only one of the four mentioned that will not draw power when the tailcap is screwed on all the way. Best way to work with them is to unscrew the tailcap a bit when storing the light. The advantage of these PWM setups is they will allow regulation in all of their different levels if the LED circuit is regulated. The McGizmo will not allow that at the reduced level.

Bill