Seiko and Orient watches

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know any reliable places on Ebay to buy a Seiko watch?

Any what is the Orient brand?

Thanks!

brucec

Enlightened
Orient is a Japanese manufacturer producing mechanical watches. They are quite popular in Asia. I am not sure if they are affiliated with any other brand. I suspect they are a standalone company. They have pretty good styling and features like power reserve indicators. They are typically priced around Seiko.

Radiophile

Enlightened
I own an Orient multi-year calendar watch. Unfortunately it's unique calendar feature broke after the warranty expired. Before it broke, I wore the watch a good deal and really like it. I don't wear it much now because it annoys me that the calendar doesn't work. It still looks new.

It's a handsome watch. Surprising quality for the price. I paid $39 on eBay for a stainless steel, 21 jewel, automatic watch, with a stainless bracelet. It keeps decent time, but being an automatic watch novice I expected it to be more accurate. It gains a little more than a minute a day - not a big deal, but not as accurate as I expected.

I'd buy another, but not the multi-year calendar again.

Radiophile

Enlightened
Found this about Orient watches:

Orient Watch was formally established in July 13th, 1950 in Tokyo. However, the history of Orient Watch really dates back to 1901, when Shogoro Yoshida, the founder of Orient, opened a wholesale watch store in Ueno, Japan. Orient Watch has always focused on mechanical watches, primarily automatic watches with its own in-house automatic movements Orient was once part of the "Big Three" watch companies in Japan along with Citizen and Seiko. In the 70s, when mechanical watch companies faced hardship from the mass introduction of inexpensive quartz watches, Citizen and Seiko took the path of mass producing quartz watches, Orient stuck with what it did best, making mechanical watches. Today, Seiko owns a controlling stake in Orient. Orient, however, continues to make its own mechanical movements. For its quartz models, it uses Seiko's quartz movements. What sets Orient apart from other watch companies is really the fact that Orient has always been focusing on making its mechanical movements better and more reliable. It is unusual today to find a watch company that makes its own movement selling watches at prices offered by Orient. Most of the watch companies that do make in-house movements are big name specialized watch companies such as Patek Philippe whose watches ranges from tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. To find a specialized watch company that uses in-house movements selling its watches at prices that are affordable to most people is truly refreshing.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
What model are you looking for?

There are other than Ebay dealers who have reasonable prices. I have a whole favorists list of em.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I've been recently bin bitten by the watch bug and here's what the brown van brought me:

IMG_1439.jpg

I bought it from the bay.

You may want to try chronograph.com too.