Question: Rechargeables, what's good?

CaptainSpaulding

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I have a Surefire M2 Centurion, incandescent, that I bought about five years ago. It has served me very well and now I've got the bug many of you have (after reading many of these C.P.F. posts). I gave the dinosaur Centurion to my girlfriend, and within a couple of weeks I bought both the E2D LED Defender and the new U2 Ultra.

Both are stellar lights with different qualities. The U2 is indeed a fine general purpose "workhorse" light and the LED Defender is the beam thrower I thought it would be. I've been wondering about rechargeables because my lights get a lot of use. What rechargeables would you guys recommend? Are the Radio Shack CR123 rechargeables any good?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most would probably recommend AW but generally I have used Ultrafire and never had any problems with them. Search batteryjuction, lighthound or 4sevens and get you some good ones pretty cheap.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Most here would recommend AW's batteries, check the marketplace, lighthound, 4sevens, and they should be available in a few other places too.

I'm not sure if the lights will like the RCR123s though.

Did you get a LED drop-in for the C2?

:welcome: