Kel-lite ROP - In cut-down mag size

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just won a nice Kel-lite 2C on ebay, it has heavy metal body & a metal reflector,
I converted it into a ROP LO running 2x Dx C li-ion.

The Kel-lite 2C is the one in the middle, size is perfect as is,
between the cut-down Mag 1D & Mag 1C.

Very bright & have a nice hot spot. The bulb holder is plastic,
I can run the ROP low for 5 min. However, I'd like to run the ROP
Hi & for longer run time, So I am going to make a Teflon Bulb holder
once my Teflon rod arrives. For now here is some photos of my Kel-lite ROP Lo.

71243372.jpg

k12z.jpg

58287387.jpg

93042031.jpg

76710293.jpg

Last edited:

phoster

Newly Enlightened
Re: Kel-lite ROP

Thanks for the flash(light) from the past. I remember these from the early 70s before Maglite. My brother was a cop and used these in the 3 or 4 D cell versions.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, but it's just two minutes work with sand paper.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take care not to damage the flashlight in any way. C-size Kel-Lites with external metal switches are nearly the rarest model they made. My police light collection's almost at 100 and I've never run across one of those in person.

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Interesting light. I love the mod, especially since it's reversable. You shouldn't do anything to refinish it either. The original finish has character, besides it geing rare.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

ABTOMAT, I was wondering whe you'll are going to make a post,
you haven't missed a single kel-lite post, have you? :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I am taking care of this beauty, it did cost me ~$80 (Incuding shipping) to land her, is that a fare price?

The way I see it, It's in the cut-down mag size & deserves the cut-down mag price range at least. For example, The Mag 1D host on left, host cost ~$100 (Tri Bored for 3x16760, working on 3xP7 project) & the mag 1C the right, host cot $70 (Tail cap bored for 18650, moded for P7 + PWM dimming). Either one of the mag host you can pay & get one anytime, but not the Kel-lite 2C.

The reflector has some flaws, neck broke-off & I glued it back, do you know where can I get a replacment? I really want to make this one perfect & run with ROP Hi, morden incan for a vintage kel-lite shortie. (Just finished making the Teflon Bulb holder).

Take care not to damage the flashlight in any way. C-size Kel-Lites with external metal switches are nearly the rarest model they made. My police light collection's almost at 100 and I've never run across one of those in person.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, I am not going to re-finish it, I love the look & feel, and the history to it.

The light was flickering with the switch, I just opened it up & bent the copper contact a bit, an easy fit.
The light is built like a tank, the switch is pretty solid too. My first Kel-lite, now I know why people love it.

Interesting light. I love the mod, especially since it's reversable. You shouldn't do anything to refinish it either. The original finish has character, besides it geing rare.

Last edited: