New To Flashlights, Need Some Help

AplMik24

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys my name is Mike, and I just stumbled across your GITD section of your forums, and I was amazed at the creativity and the awesomeness of some of your ideas.

So here is my dilemma, I want to get a CREE flash light that is under 15 bucks shipped and that is completely mod-able. However, as of yet, I don't want to get into "pill-swapping" yet, I just want to do some GITD mods.

I really like the 3*AAA flashlights, as I have tons of rechargeable ones, here is the one I like the best so far: dx/sku.17095

And if I'm not boring you already, one more question: if i go with the above light, I would like to get GITD o-rings (mainly for between lens and bezel) and maybe a glass lens, what size should i get of each?

I plan on being a frequent poster on this forum, I just want a cheaper light to get started, and to practice some basic modding skills on. Thanks in advance, and please correct any "lingo" that I screwed up :p

Marduke

Flashaholic
To start off with, I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST 3xAAA lights. That is perhaps the second worst format you can use for a handheld flashlight (second only to coin/button cells). I suggest you step up to AA's for a major boost in performance.

Secondly, with a like of GITD stuff, I suggest getting a pack of each size of GITD o-rings. You can get 10-20 of each size for ~$10 or so total. You'll be surprised how handy they are. They are also great for putting in grooves on the exterior of lights.

:welcome: