New one on the way

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered what I expect will be my last high quality flashlight....the Malkoff MD2 in the type III HA. I also ordered an M60 dropin to go with it.

I was very pleased with the quality of my first M60 aso I am really looking forward to the new MD2. I have high expectations for its quality.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Psssst... that M60 works equally great in a SF-C2...:poke:
Add a surefire flip-diffuser and you can add M60F-like performance on top of it...:poke:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff might be coming out with some C cell sized host in the future, so of course you will have to buy those as well.
Do not underestimate the addiction...

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
re: selector - brass ring that goes on the head. Loosen is low mode, tighten is high (or regularly rated output of your drop-in).
Its the brass ring '2 mode selector' on the site your ordered your latest (if not lastest) light from.

-Linger

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Linger. I guess I missed that. The description says that when the head is "snug," the output will be high. I wonder if the head rattles around within the housing when the output is reduced.

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
On the flashlight front, I have the C2 with the Malkoff M60 dropin, a RA Clicky on order and the new Malkoff. In the big light arena, I have the Pelican 100k candlepower, 500 foot water resistant dive light. Also a couple of small Streamlights, a 2 D cell Maglight, and a couple of mini-Mag types.

While there are many very nice flashlights available, I'm trying to be practical and not go crazy...time will tell if I can master the addiction.

Sector7

Enlightened
The description says that when the head is "snug," the output will be high. I wonder if the head rattles around within the housing when the output is reduced.

The head doesn't rattle but its loose enough where you can press the head down with your thumb and get momentary high.