Surefire KL4A output compared to U2A and KL5A?

WDR65

Enlightened
To those that have both. How does the KL4A compare to the U2A and KL5A on high?

I just recieved a new L4 with the KL4A bezel and it is quite a bit brighter than my Lux V U2. It also has more throw. So I was wondering how it stacks up against its big brothers with the same LED. Thanks in advance guys.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The beam of the KL4A compared to the U2A/KL5A is quite different due to it having a smaller reflector. As a result it is challenging to determine differences in output unless they are quite significant.
This, along with the normal variation in output as well as the variation in tints makes things complicated to eye-ball.
That said, from what I've seen the outputs are broadly similar just like they were across the LuxeonV range.

WDR65

Enlightened
Thanks Al,
I should have phrased the question differently and included the respective reflector differences for the lights.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The smaller, shallower reflector of the KL4 results in a larger and less intense central beam and a wider surround beam compared to the KL5/U2 beam.

With the transition away from the LuxeonV the beams of the KL4A and KL5A/U2A resulting in smaller, tighter, more intense central beams, the larger diameter; deeper reflectors of the KL5A/U2A still result in smaller, more intense central beams compared to the KL4A.