What's The Jury Verdict On Insight LED Flashlights?

KARAMBIT

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at one of their 200 lumen/ 2 hour run time
Arcturus lights.
How do they compare to Surefire and other Mfgs?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Never heard of them before.....

From this link, the light is $175 for 200 lumens. :thumbsdow

It's no wonder they aren't well known. You could always get one and try out for us?:poke:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Insight had a winner on their hands with their Typhoon II model. (A Night-Ops Gladius with the 160 lumen upgrade already in place).

Same model, different name on the side of the light.

Lately though, Insight's line of lights has been far less impressive.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of them before.....

From this link, the light is $175 for 200 lumens. :thumbsdow

It's no wonder they aren't well known. You could always get one and try out for us?:poke:

Hey that's not too bad, what's your lowest acceptable Lumens Per Dollar? L.O.L. I've never seen it boiled down quite like that. So I can assume there will be no Titan T1A in your future (it's only 0.3 L.P.D.)!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Typhoon (and its cousin the Night-Ops Gladius) were very well respected. See here for a review of the original Gladius.

That new Handheld X-treme series looks interesting. Wish there were more details on the website, but it looks like it's an update of the Typhoon/Gladius with a few extra features and new cell configurations. I'm guessing the tailcap now has two additional positions - max output constant on :)twothumbs) and SOS - and as long as the dimming mode still has memory, I'm all for the changes. An updated Typhoon minus the finger grips and powered by an 18650 (presumably) would be very nice. And, I like that the rechargeable Arcturus is only $10 more than the 2x123 model.

:popcorn:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Typhoon (and its cousin the Night-Ops Gladius) were very well respected. See here for a review of the original Gladius.

More like an identical twin sister. As I recall, Insight made the Gladius for Night-Ops, and then decided they wanted the light in their own product line. So they just changed the name.

I've got a stock Gladius. Mine is the only one I found that doesn't have a loose tailcap. Bit disappointed that it seems like a dead-end on the flashlight evolutionary tree. Was even more disappointed when Insight came out with the replacement for it. Their X-treme series looked awfully familiar when the line came out. (And not in a good way). Insight took a giant step backwards. That's why you don't see CPFers raving about the new line of Insight lights.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Hey that's not too bad, what's your lowest acceptable Lumens Per Dollar? L.O.L. I've never seen it boiled down quite like that. So I can assume there will be no Titan T1A in your future (it's only 0.3 L.P.D.)!

Well, I was a bit hasty in that comment! I will go for a light within a certain price range.....but you are correct, the Titan is not in my near future!:crackup:

I'll pay $200 for a light, but it needs to perform in terms of brightness, not just last forever!

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have one light i am interested in, i saw it on tactical supply and tactical leds website. Its called the HX260M its supposed to have a red,green,blue & amber led plus the main emitter that looks lie a P7 or MC-E in the center according to the picture i have.