5-min test shows your political bent as a graph

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 5-min test shows your political bent as a grap

Interesting site!
I am mildly leftist (economically) and libritarian socially... interesting. Mildly opposite of your chart, so I guess it proves that we are in the middle somewere.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 5-min test shows your political bent as a grap

Heh... My roommate makes Hitler look like a wuss...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'm almost dead center on the chart...

Darell

Flashaholic
5-min test shows political bent as a graph

I am right smack in the middle of one of the quadrants where I thought I'd be, but I ain't sharing...

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Re: 5-min test shows political bent as a graph

I ain't scared, 3 right and 2 up. Much closer to the center than some might have thought, including myself.

Hey Darell Ghandi, I think I know where you landed but I might be wrong again.

Darell

Flashaholic

Hey, I'm just happy that they colored it *green*. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you aren't here with me, then you obviously answered some of the questions wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`m floating between Gandhi and Nelson Mandela! Not sure what that means.....

I`ve never really considered myself that political and wasn`t sure of my take on some of the questions (maybe it`ll come in time), but interesting nonetheless. Wonder if it answers the question as to why I`ve never been much interested in British politics - the 3 main UK parties are all in the opposite quadrant to where I am. I guess they have little to say that I agree with.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

I just took the test. I'm not sure I like who I am...

Do overs!

*Edit* After waiting a couple of hours I retook the test. I'm still Libertarian Right! Funny how no one notable was in the group. Hmmm...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I just took the test, and according to it, I'm right about where Jean Chretien is, whoever the hell he is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Looks like a french name, so I'm guessing he's the prime minister of France or Canada or something.

Just below and to the left of center on the graph the website made. Right between Nelson Mandela and Tony Blair.

Empath

Flashaholic

I suppose it gave me an incomplete. It didn't provide for any middle ground, but required an immediate stand on all matters. Non-committal and neutrality isn't permitted. Even those that feel a decision must be made on everything beforehand, even when non-consequential, often find themselves in conflict when personal circumstances makes the matter a personal consequence.

Don't count on accuracy of the system. The system, like most systems is flawed. I view it as no more credible than astrology's attempt to pigeon-hole everyone into twelve basic groups.

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
Hey Darell Ghandi, I think I know where you landed but I might be wrong again.

[/ QUOTE ]Also meant to add:

You know that I hate labels. I'm quite proud of who am and what I believe, I just hate being catagorized because nothing about who I am fits into any common mold. But since you point out that I'm closer to Ghandi in my thinking than Hitler, I... uh... well I guess I'm OK with that.

Some of those questions scared the hell out of me, I'll be honest with you. Superior race? People of different nationalities should "stick with their own?" In my mind, some of the questions just don't have optional answers. Ug. I better shut up before I get myself in trouble.

Some of the questions I simply could not answer honestly since sometimes none of the answers applied to the question asked.

A good exercise, nonetheless. Interesting stuff.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

Darell, I couldn't agree more. Many questions didn't have an appropriate answer for me or were worded in such a way that I couldn't answer it the way I wanted to.

I am a little suspect of the whole thing. They show Bush way high and far to the right when in reality I think he's far more moderate. G. Gordon Liddy would be high and to the right but not Bush. I think the test is trying to make you think you think much differently than Bush even if you are conservative. I am more conservative than Bush on most issues and I wasn't high and wasn't very far to the right according to this test but it was fun anyway.

Evan

Enlightened

Puts me 2 points into "Libertarian" and 6 points "Left". I find that kind of insulting in two different ways. I should, of course, be right in the center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

I landed smack in the middle of where I suspected I'd land, too. And in good company (in my opinion, of course...)

Agree about the questions though.

Graham

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Empath, you are only speaking of 'popular' astrology, not true astrology. What astrology you see in the paper, is total BS.

I consider all politicians to be PolitiCritters and all bureaucrats to be BureauRats.

I guess that puts me in the potential terrorist category.

Empath

Flashaholic

Since I'm not familiar with any "true" astrology, you've got the advantage of knowledge there. I wouldn't be qualified to embrace nor dismiss it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Has the health been improving, Charles?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I left out quite a few questions that were trying to crowd me into a corner, which may have skewed the test. I'll try it again later.

Brightnorm

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

some of those questions really suck!
they have no real answer. half the question is yes, half is no.