Heat dissipation of Nitecore Extreme vs Ex10

shinank

Newly Enlightened
I was using my ex10 on max output and found that it got very hot after about hour. It was uncomfortable to hold.

Would the Extreme be more comfortable to hold at the same output level and duration?

Does it dissipate heat more efficiently than the ex10? Or will it get just as hot and uncomfortable to hold?

TIA.

Dan FO

Enlightened
The Nitecore Extreme has a finned aluminum head with a lot of surface area to dissipate the heat. The advantage goes to the Extreme.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore Extreme has a finned aluminum head with a lot of surface area to dissipate the heat. The advantage goes to the Extreme.
+1

Also it has more mass overall and larger body to hold it. So if you use the "cigar grip" you won't even notice the heat.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ran both side by side on the table without holding for about 5 mins and the EX10 is significantly warmer.

On a scale of 0 being room temp and 10 being hot. I'd say the EX10 was a 7-8 and the Extreme was a 2-3.

The Extreme has a lot more bulk to it to dissipate the heat.

shinank

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone that is exactly the feedback I needed. Guess I'll have to get an Extreme. Happy days.