Custom McLuxIII-PD body

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I hosed up a AA light I was making, so I thought: "Heck, why not turn it into a McLuxIII body?"

Here's the result:

IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_11.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_12.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

My hand slipped a little at one point, so to make everything fit right, I had to put an o-ring at the tail end of the piston. I didn't have quite a thin enough one though, so there's a gap at the head when the light is twisted on high.

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see if I can't grab a few more pics a little later with the head and piston on. I kinda wish I could annodize it to match :naughty:

Illum

Flashaholic
Don't blame us if your find McGizmo tomorrow morning outside your door with a paddle:nana:

Very nice turnout!
you know you could create a AA piston drive light like the nitecore right?
mill plenty of slots for trits...possibilities are endless

cheerio:grin2:

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big G?

I might like to make some 18500 piston lights at some point, if I can ever work out a very reliable 3-level system. Something at least on par with Don's killroy switching.

Right now I'm working on some twisty lights with a GDuP driver, McR-20S, and a T1 bin high-CRI ssc.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to Don a while back about using his piston design. I'll be sure to check back with him if I ever decide to sell any piston lights. :thumbsup:

jhanko

Enlightened
Nice job! Good to see you coming along on the lathe. Don't get discouraged with mistakes. They will happen, and are actually an excellent learning experience...

Jeff

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do tend to like to learn things the "hard" way. :crazy:

One thing I do love to do is take something that's for all intents and purposes trash, and turn it into something valuable. It's a very rewarding thing to do. (You should see before and after pics on my brother's 86 monte carlo...)