Elzetta ZFL-M60 *REVIEW And Beamshot* 56k beware!

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Elzetta Flashlight from Mike at Pacific Tactical Solutions https://www.pts-flashlights.com My first impression is wow, the light is built like a tank looks and feels more like a $200+ flashlight. Plus it is built in the USA which for me is a plus!

The knurling is very fine and precisely machined and seems to grip very well, even with wet hands.

Looking down at the business end of the light I can see the focus and full spectrum of the LED.

I compared the Elzetta flashlight to a few of the flashlight I own that are in the same field as this light. A Surefire L4 and a Surefire G2 with a Cree R2 Drop In all shot were made with freshly charged Tenergy 123's.

The Pro's

Super bright, very focused beam for throw spill. Pictures don't do the light justice, build quality is top notch, heat sink is very good, ran the light for 15 min and the light got barly warm. Changed batteries for fresh one and kept the light on until the batteries ran out and the light ran 7 hr and 49 min and still produced enough light to navigate my room with no problems. The brass heat sink does its job, knurling is great. Anodizing is even and looks very durable. Would be a great weapon mounted light with a pressure pad. Treads were smooth and grit free with a light lube. Light does not roll around at all very balanced.

The Con's

There are only a few that I can see, I am not sure of the durability of the epoxy the led sits in how scratch resistant it is since there is no lens to protect it from exposure. The clicky gets a little hard to press if you loosen the tail cap a forward clicky option would make this light even more value packed I heard Mike is having one made for the light.

Overall I am very impressed by this light and think the value it offers for the quality is affordable.

And now for the eye candy!!

First getting the light and packaging light came with batteries.

DSCN1848.jpg

DSCN1850.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

Extra O-rings
DSCN1859.jpg

All brass
DSCN1861.jpg

Heavy Duty heatsink
DSCN1863.jpg

Battery Tube
DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1857.jpg

SF G2, SF L2, Elzetta M60, SF L4
DSCN1869.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

Same shot under exposed
DSCN1865.jpg

Elzetta on Left Surefire l4 ( 120 lumen version) on right
DSCN1870.jpg

Same pic just under exposed
DSCN1871.jpg

Elzetta left Surefire G2 with R2 Drop in on right
DSCN1872.jpg

Surefire G2 With R2 Drop in
DSCN1876.jpg

Elzetta
DSCN1875.jpg

Elzetta taking a bath in the sink ( I turned the light on before I went to bed and let the light sit in a glass full of water for almost 8 hrs and no water issues at all and the light still was bright enough to navigate around my dark room )
DSCN1882.jpg

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Please would you edit your post to put a line break between each photo. At the moment many of them appear side-by-side on the screen, in one case 6 in the same row, which makes horizontal scrolling necessary.

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
I tried to put this in the review section but it said I did not have access?

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, the mods are the ones who decide which reviews are up to snuff for that elite section. I believe I have only had one or two of my reviews deemed worthy of it yet.

Nice collection of beamshots by the way.

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
Took the light camping this past w/e great, durable little light, puts the sun in your hands. Thanks again Mike!

recDNA

Flashaholic
In what way(s) would the Elzetta be preferable to the Malkoff host?

yuk

Newly Enlightened
Can someone post a photo of a ZFL next to a 6P please?

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
Hey Joe,
Not sure about the Blackhawk holster. There is a tactical store in my area this w/e I will try to get in there and see.

All the best.