The machining was done with a metal saw and a bar file to remove the parts that hit or were in the way.
If I had a lathe or other equipment, the process would have taken about 10 minutes, but I only had ordinary tools, so it took me three days. I took some photos of the machining process and will upload them later.
The reflector should be protected with tape to prevent shavings from sticking to the reflector.
The module must be pushed in this far to fit the lens.
It is best to use malkoff VME Head Lens and Gaskets, but I don't have any spare, so I used the thick glass lenses used in the E1e and E2e.
The hardest part of the project was figuring out how to attach the module to the chuck of the power drill. When I was taking a break, I came up with the idea of cutting off the cola cap and shaving it to fix the module.