Help Me Decide - Carry Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkschr

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at three different lights and I need help deciding which one would best suit my needs. All the lights I currently own are a single, one-die LED (~200 lumen), and I want add an LED light to my arsenal that will absolutely blow any other The lights I am considering are M2XC4, Legion II, or the UltraFire RL-2088.

1. M2XC4 ($150) - I like this light because EagleTac makes great lights. The UI on this light seems simple. In addition, it has great throw and spill. The beam shots I saw were crazy. However, the form factor is questionable imo. I am not sure I could adapt to something like this compared to traditional lights.

2. Legion II ($179) - This light has amazing styling!!! It looks like it would fit well in my hands and from what I read, Neo make solid lights. It appeals to me because it would be the only custom light I have and it also has lots of output. However,this light has a few issues that bother me. One is the UI, specifically the delay when turning on and off. Second the potential for a leak due to the lack of solid o-ring design. Thirdly, I do think the donut hole in the beam is something that would bother me.

3. UltraFire RL-2088 ($145) - This light intrigues me the most because I do not know much about it. http://cgi.ebay.com/UltraFire-RL-208...01157004r23204 or http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=8783

Even if this light did not reach the 1300 lumens, I believe it would still have more lumens than either of the two lights above. The problem is I can't find any reviews or beam shots to demonstrate how well the reflector was designed to work with the Ostar LED. Also, the overall lack of discussion on this potentially exciting new light makes me wonder. However, I absolutely love the design of this light (very close to the Legion II IMHO), and I would think it would create a little more discussion around here. I know it's an Ultrafire, but being HA III and $160 it's hardly your run-of-the-mill budget light....

Here are the specs:

UltraFire RL-2088
Germany OSRAM 6 die 15W 24v LED Flashlight
1300 Lumens (Manufacturer rated)
Emitter Color: White
Smooth Reflector
Tailcap Switch
Memory:-Mode Arrangement:100% brightness (1-hour) > 30% (2.5 hours) > Strobe
Typical Battery Runtime:~1 hour on high mode (manufacturer rated)
Brightness:1300 lumens max (manufacturer rated)
Voltage Input:5.5V~16.0V
Lens:Coated Glass Lens
Type III hard-anodized finish
Color: Black
Battery Configurations:3 x 18650 batteries
17.5cm(L) x 5cm(Diameter)
Net weight: 474g

Please don't move me. It would be nice if a pm was sent telling me why my posts are getting moved and to where. :mad:

AusKipper

Enlightened
Theres also the Fenix TK40 thats in the same sort of area that your looking.

As for the Ultrafire.. i would feel hesitant about spending that much money on a brand that is known to be so unreliable...

Personally I would go with either the Fenix but thats mainly because I like the 1 thing its been heavily critisized for, the 8xAA.

I too agree that the Eagletac looks as if it would be a funny thing to try and hold onto, but i have never tried, so i cant comment further than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.