M2XC4 Switch

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I just received my new M2XC4 this week. It's insanely bright. And it's the best thrower I've ever seen that wasn't attached to the bottom of a police helicopter.

For the most part, the quality is top-notch as well. Fit and finish is first rate, and the most of the light is made of a very heavy aluminum finished in a very nice black HAIII.

All but the clicky switch....

The switch housing is made of plastic. It seems thick, but the plastic seems a glaring contrast to the aluminum from which the rest of the light is constructed. The edges of the switch also overhang the body, which seems vulnerable to breakage.

Does the quality of the switch seem at odds with the otherwise high quality construction of this light?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M2C4 - same deal with a different beam pattern. EagleTac's explanation for the "soft-touch" plastic is that it is more comfortable, and therefore actually preferable to aluminum. :rolleyes: And I find that the extended edges help with grip when holding it with my thumb on the switch, not the wheel. However, yes, I do think they could have done a better job. The edges are too sharp. And no matter how good the plastic feels, it is a contrast to the rest of the body and does not help with using the light. :shrug: It's not a deal breaker, but I agree that they didn't think this one through.