My 2010 LED light predictions

vio765

Newly Enlightened
hey gang, i was just thinking of the great things that are possible in the next 12-18 months. check this out: the MC-G! a quad-die version of the upcoming XR-G emitter. 1300+ lumens! up next is the 4th quarter release of the 2010 AW 18650 cell. (drum roll, please)...3000 mAh. Up next is the rating system. no more "emitter lumens" in advertisments. From 2010 on, its all about "out the front lumens". Finally, and my favorite, a universal "countdown" battery charger. That's right. A charger that can take anything (AAA, AA, C, D, 9V, 16340, 18650....ANYTHING) and give a time readout of how much time each cell has before it is fully charged.

PS- A nice addition to my list would be that Batteryjunction starts selling AW batteries. Not too sure about this one, though.

one....two....DEBATE!!

bansuri

Enlightened
+1 on the charger idea.
I'd settle for no gain in lumens if there were gains in efficiency. Longer battery life, less heat, potentially longer life of emitter.

lolzertank

Enlightened
Hm... there's no upcoming XR-G, just a ludicrously hard to solder XP-G. :eek: +1 for the MC-G though. 3000mah 18650, great! I doubt manufacturers will start giving OTF lumens though. It's not as if integrating spheres are getting a lot cheaper, if at all. The charger would be nice, though that could be done with a hobby charger and tweaked firmware. A hobby charger has all the circuitry, just not the software. :D -pokes all the people designing the chargers-

vio765

Newly Enlightened
when i was writing my list, i was seriously doubting that manufactures would start listing OTF lumens. But I added it anyway because this list is sort of a dream list anyway. i was looking into the emitter of my new fenix tk40 (when it was off of course) and just thought how awsome it would be to have a quad XR-G emitter within the next 12-18 months or so. then i started to look around at my collection of equipment and started to think about the future.

vio765

Newly Enlightened
i heard of a new lithium ion battery can hold 10 times the capacity of current batteries. an 18650 with 24,000 mAh of power?? wow!

Rexlion

Enlightened
That's nothing. Haven't you heard about the new 9 die emitter that gets embedded in the forehead, and you turn it on by thought waves? Just don't leave it on high for more than 10 minutes, or you fry your brain. :crackup:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not an issue Rexlion. You counteract this with having a slushie handy and you take a few quick sips=brain freeze

You know, I thought you guys here were smart...I'm not impressed any longer :(

I would love more powerful batteries and the super duper charger. Shiit, I asked about that some time ago and was told that it's not practical to do https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202318 More power is cool but not if it only lasts for half an hour or so.

Also, a standard on output would be great too

George