Reflector/Optics for P7

Umibuta

Newly Enlightened
Can someone advise on a suitable Reflector/Optics for a P7? I am looking for a flood with even lighting (No hotspots or donuts.) I am not too worried about the throw just an consistent wide flood.

I am considering this to fit in a Maglite 3D.

Thanks in advance

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone advise on a suitable Reflector/Optics for a P7? I am looking for a flood with even lighting (No hotspots or donuts.) I am not too worried about the throw just an consistent wide flood.

I am considering this to fit in a Maglite 3D.

Thanks in advance

I'd just sputter a stock mag reflector.
Search sputter/sputtered.

Here's one I did:
_02_4791.jpg

It's pretty easy , I did several with varying success.
I bought a Mac P7 Mag with a sputtered Mag reflector - the beam was incredibly smooth and floody while still allowing some adjustment by focusing.

Umibuta

Newly Enlightened
Wow! I didn't know anything about sputtering till now. Thanks.

I read somewhere optics do reduce the intensity. I guess I will have to try both to find out. Thanks for pointing out the sputtering option, I believe this should be the beam I am looking for.

Umibuta

Newly Enlightened
So I have tried a reflector and am not really satisfied it. I bought the DX Sku 12229 But the is still a quite a bit of spill and still quite a tight beam. (Will post beam shots soon)

I am considering getting the KD 42mm Dia aspherical lens or the 49mm version.

I am still looking for a good even flood beam.

My questions are:

1) For a good flood, the nearer the aspherics is to the Emitter the better?
2) How close do I need it to be? Like touching the emitter or maybe 5mm apart?
3) Can I invert the aspheric so that the convex portion is facing the emitter? What is the outcome/downside of inverting it?

Thanks