Looking for a durable, reliable flashlight?

Caesis

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something like a maglite with a bright bulb.

- Able to be bought or shipped in the USA.
- Around $15-30.
- AA or AAA
- Preferably an adjustable light projection (Good throw distance)
- Preferably 40 lumens or brighter.
- A decent runtime.

Thank you for your time,
- Caesis

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for something like a maglite with a bright bulb.

- Able to be bought or shipped in the USA.
www.shiningbeam.com shipping to Singapore was about $5.00 or so

- Around $15-30.
Romisen RC-N3 II Q5 (2 mode, 2xAA or 1xCR123)

- AA or AAA
see above

- Preferably an adjustable light projection (Good throw distance)
depends on what you mean good distance but the RC-N3 can throw quite well for its size

- Preferably 40 lumens or brighter.
low mode may be around there, looks brighter to me, high mode is possibly more than 100 lumens

- A decent runtime.
3 hours on high and a further 2 ours on low, think its more than 10 hours on low, check on the site

Thank you for your time,
- Caesis

:welcome:

see my answers above, if you want more detailed answers, it would help a great deal if you went to the sticky in the 'general flashlight' forum and click on the flashlight recommendation checklist, fill that in and cut and paste it here.

cheers.

oh, and by the way, i personally own one of these and its great. I use it in 1xCR123 mode with a 3.6volt rechargeable RCR123 and i can get about 47 minutes of bright bright output before the protection circuit in my cell cuts the light off so that i dont overdischarge the cell. It's definitely not as bright using AAs as i use 1.2v eneloop NiMHs but if you use 1.5volt AAs it should be brighter than eneloops.

EDIT: there is a discount code for shiningbeam "CPFuser"

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to Target store and look at Inova lights I think you can get a Inova BoltAA for around $30.

The problem you have with how much you want to spend is atleast a quarter of that will go to shipping cost at most places online.