LF2XT not registering clicks

TA_ls1

Enlightened
This happens when trying to turn it on or off and also when switching modes. I say "trying" to turn it on because it sometimes takes 3+ clicks to get it on, and then it won't turn off until I have clicked several times. This is most common after I have let it sit and then use it for the first time at night. For a light that could be one of my favorites, this is a huge problem.

How common of a problem is this? What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first guess would be that the switch is either loose or faulty. Not having one of those exact LF models I don't know if it is possible for the switch to be loose though. But I had a similar issue with my LF5XT and was able to easily fix it.
:thinking:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I agree it might be the switch cap is loose, tighten it and try again. To go the whole nine yards, remove it, clean the threads, contact points, lightly lube them and tighten it back. See if it works.

KuKu427

Enlightened
Unscrew the switch assembly and check that the brass ring is tight.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
There's also the possibility that the pill is screwed in too far, especially if there's no o-ring between it and the reflector. Before I added the o-ring at one point I got the pill screwed in to the point it was not making contact with the body tube or brass sleeve.

Geoff

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
try cleaning the o-ring in the switch assembly dirt may have got in there,tho I wouldn't suggest using any lube as that may attract more dirt,just clean with soapy water "not the switch itself" and reassembly ;)

And to answer your other question,no it's not that common :)

[edit]Whilst you have it apart check the switch it has a distinct audible click to it

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:caution:

Here is another thing that is just as important as the previous things mentioned ........

After inserting the battery , the head and body sections must be screwed together firmly.

If not , it will cause malfunctions in on/off.

But the switch housing not being thoroughly tightened will most likely cause the problems you described.

You should NOT be able to see a crack between the switch body ring ... and the body. If there is a gap - it's not tight enough.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I have this same erratic problem with the switch not responding to my clicks. In my case, I had a loose pill so I tightened it. After doing so, the light would at times not turn on or when on will not behave.

I am waiting for this miracle o-ring the Eliteled spoken previously about to bandaid Liteflux's design/quality problem so my light will work right. Frankly, I think Liteflux should be issuing us longer reflectors to fix this problem. Just my disgruntled two cents.

Last edited:

JohnF

Enlightened
After getting my XT, I thought I had a defective switch because I could not always get it to turn off, sometimes it would take 3 or 4 tries. It was operator error, I was not 'clicking', but rather holding the click a little too long (>.2 seconds ?) So, it was being registered as a 'hold' rather than a click. Of course, as my frustration grew I would press it harder, and I guess longer.

Now I just give a quick tap and it works EVERY time.

John F

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I have this same erratic problem with the switch not responding to my clicks. In my case, I had a loose pill so I tightened it. After doing so, the light would at times not turn on or when on will not behave.

I am waiting for this miracle o-ring the Eliteled spoken previously about to bandaid Liteflux's design/quality problem so my light will work right. Frankly, I think Liteflux should be issuing us longer reflectors to fix this problem. Just my disgruntled two cents.

You can still just back the pill out enough to make proper contact. It will work fine, just have a rattlely head when you change the battery.

Geoff

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can still just back the pill out enough to make proper contact. It will work fine, just have a rattlely head when you change the battery.

Geoff

One of mine had this problem, and I ended up putting the spare lense (biggest diameter) O-ring in between the reflector and lense as a spacer. Works fine now, without reflector rattle.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This happens when trying to turn it on or off and also when switching modes. I say "trying" to turn it on because it sometimes takes 3+ clicks to get it on, and then it won't turn off until I have clicked several times. This is most common after I have let it sit and then use it for the first time at night. For a light that could be one of my favorites, this is a huge problem.

How common of a problem is this? What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

Bingo! I thought I was the only one. I tracked this problem for a long time, and it is weird. It must sit for a long time, over an hour for sure, and it takes exactly three clicks to turn off the first time it is used. After that, it is fine for the rest of the evening. Mine at first seemed to have some of the "on" issues too, but settled into just the "3 clicks for off the first use" problem. I finally switched to the FUI, did a factory reset, and to my surprise it has been perfect ever since. I really did not expect it to work, but it has been about two weeks since I did this, and no more problems. Good luck, and let us know if this works on yours.

torpeau

Newly Enlightened
How common of a problem is this? What do you guys recommend?

Mine worked fine w/ an eneloop, but when I put in a 10440, I sometimes had a problem turning it off. I compared the lengths of the two batteries and the 10440 was shorter. I inserted a bit of aluminum foil between the piston and the tail end and now the switch works reliably with the 10440.