FENIX Lights w/ Rechargable RCRs

crockett

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix Lights have throughly confused me.

I'm looking at the:

P1D Premium Q5
PD20
PD30

From Fenix's documentation, the only one that says you CAN'T use a rechargable battery is the PD20.

However, then I found an excellent review done by selfbuilt on 1xCR123A/RCR Lights and he claims he test the PD20 on a AW RCR?

So what gives. Can any of these models be used with rechargables?

Also, on Quark lights they only mention CR123A but then give a voltage level of up to 9.0V. Does this mean you can use the RCRs (3.7 V, I believe)?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The PD20 will temporarily loose the low modes on RCR123's because the light is operating in direct drive.

The PD30 operates just fine on RCR123's.

All Quarks are fully Li-Ion capable.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PD20 will temporarily loose the low modes on RCR123's because the light is operating in direct drive.

The PD30 operates just fine on RCR123's.

All Quarks are fully Li-Ion capable.

yup

and you cant use RCR123A on the P1Ds either, itw ill go direct drive, and there are reports of eventual failures.

Crenshaw

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P1D's simply flash brightly and go off. I thought I burned them out but I put the regular cells in and they worked fine. Go figure.

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
I have the P1D CE and the P1D CE Q5, both work perfectly on my AW rechargies, had them over 2 years as well, only other Fenix I have is P3D Q5, which again works perfect on rechargies.
tabetha

fareast

Enlightened
i had the P1D-CE since they came out and used it for 2 years with the aw RCR123's on my keychain. Sure no levels but the little fenix still does it's duty perfectly with it's new owner. I even gave gim some LiFePo batteries so he can select the levels.